Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible create 10 Civilizations in Civilization II Multiplayer scenario?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible create 10 Civilizations in Civilization II Multiplayer scenario?

I have two questions:
    1º) Is it possible create 10(ten) Civilizationsm in Civilization II Multiplayer?javascript:smilie('')
    Well, I really relly would like to crete 10 Civilizations in a new scenario, althought I know that it is very hard/complex... .... Please help me!!!!!!!javascript:smilie('')
    I know that have ons scenario: Eagles(Napoleon) that have 7 Civilization + cties of Barbarinans(but barbarinans aren`t considered Civilization/King in game)
    And I know too that we have 9 flags in Cities.gif...

2º) In Civilization II Multiplayer Gold 5.4 of
    Multiplayer Gold 26-March-99 patch3.
    My question here it is: What I have to do/ Is it possible to cancel, clear or retire the message when the opponent(CPU or Human Player(s)) defeat my units?
    The message that I said it:"Casuality Timeline-
    It is our turn to move. A casuality has been report by the Defenser Minister". Then I asked again: What I have to do for this message don`t appears when I lost my units?

I really need help!!! Thanks a lot!!!

well "Casualty Timeline" is the last line of text in the Labels.txt file

and this block of code exists on line 775 of Game.txt
    Code:
    @CASUALTIES
    @width=220
    @title=%STRING0 %STRING1
    @button=Zoom to Casualty Timeline
    ^^It is our turn to move.
    ^^Casualties have been reported
    ^^by the Defense Minister.
    ^^%NUMBER0 units lost.

@CASUALTY
    @width=220
    @title=%STRING0 %STRING1
    @button=Zoom to Casualty Timeline
    ^^It is our turn to move.
    ^^A casualty has been reported
    ^^by the Defense Minister.

Comment

Re: Is it possible create 10 Civilizations in Civilization II Multiplayer scenario?

Originally posted by Marcelo L.K.
      I have two questions:
      1º) Is it possible create 10(ten) Civilizationsm in Civilization II Multiplayer?javascript:smilie('')
      Well, I really relly would like to crete 10 Civilizations in a new scenario, althought I know that it is very hard/complex... .... Please help me!!!!!!!javascript:smilie('')
      I know that have ons scenario: Eagles(Napoleon) that have 7 Civilization + cties of Barbarinans(but barbarinans aren`t considered Civilization/King in game)
      And I know too that we have 9 flags in Cities.gif...

2º) In Civilization II Multiplayer Gold 5.4 of
      Multiplayer Gold 26-March-99 patch3.
      My question here it is: What I have to do/ Is it possible to cancel, clear or retire the message when the opponent(CPU or Human Player(s)) defeat my units?
      The message that I said it:"Casuality Timeline-
      It is our turn to move. A casuality has been report by the Defenser Minister". Then I asked again: What I have to do for this message don`t appears when I lost my units?

I really need help!!! Thanks a lot!!!

Seven civs + the barbarians is the max, period. Sorry.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Depending on what effect you're aiming for, you could consolidate allied powers into one civ, have small, bickering and not-fun-to-play ones lumped in with the barbarians, etc. It might help to know what specific situation you're hoping to simulate in your scenario.

You might also be able to do something by allowing "restart eliminated players" and giving the other civs the names of extra factions you want to include, though the "restarted" ones would be pitifully weak. Hmm...if you told events.txt to give gold/technology/units to a player that did not yet exist, would it freak out or just ignore it until that player was around? Anybody else know? Of course, this would be useless if you wanted to multiplay it anyway (I don't have MGE).
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

'"Barbarians are brill", says ace designer.'

You know there is surprising versatility in using the barbarians as a "spare" civ slot for minor nations, providing you can live with a generic flag.

Consider the below cities.gif file, for example. By separating barb cities into those with and without city walls we can have two distinct styles of cities: minor tribes and independent cities. Then by restricting food production for the big cities preventing further growth you can force a geographical uniformity of city styles: Asia minor, Europe, pagan, and Chinese.

Why would you want 9 other playable civs?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Panda; August 23, 2005, 18:30.
          "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

Well, first time when my brother showed me
            Civilization I first time, I found the game poor; a kind of boring... ...But later, I found really fun, very good to play. I really like that!
            Civilization II Multiplayer for me was/ or is yet very Excellent!!!! Historical Scenarios that I prefers to orders, example World War I and WWII.
            I only want that Civilization II Multiplayer had final graphics than the Civilization I, when the game ends, but unfortunately, CIV II MGE doesn´t have this option...
            But I really like this game and the scenarios that I found in Internet.
            But, I will answer that question now:
            "Why would you want 9 other playable civs?"
            Well, I like history, and the CIV II MGE with historical scenarios show the powerfull battle with very Civilizations in the World.
            Then, I found two scenarios in Internet that describe two batlles or two unifications:
            1) Germany (German Unification)-scenario by
            Paolo Cattaneo
            @SCENARIO
            @width=440
            @title=%STRING0
            ^^Length: %STRING1 to %STRING2
            In 1866 Prussian want to conquest all the Germany . Austro-Hungarian
            and their allies have to stop Bismarck ' s project. Napoleon III
            doesn 't want a united Germany , so he has to combat against the
            winner between the Prussian and the Austrian for the supremacy on
            the central Europe.
            For any comment or suggestion contact me at cat@tn.village.it .

Paolo Cattaneo
            @end -- this line must be here!

2)Italy(Italy Unification) by by Dorian Credé, 1998

@SCENARIO
            @width=440
            @title=%STRING0
            ^^Length: %STRING1 to %STRING2
            "Let's unify Italy!" On behalf of the piemontian chancellor Cavour
            general Garibaldi starts with his troops of "Maglie Rosse"
            (Redshirts) from Genova, to liberate Italy from foreign rulers.
            ^
            Is it possible to unite Italy within 2 years?
            ^^
            (c) by Dorian Credé, 1998
            ^
            @end -- this line must be here!

Then that was these two scenarios that I really liked, but I would like to make equivalent in real history: the two Unifications Italy and Germany exists in 1848(Piemnt Sardinian declare war against Austria; the first
            we knows that Austria wins) bis 1870 when German(Otto Von Bismarck) defeated French from Napoleon III- 1870 bis 1871.
            Finally: I would like make these scenarios with ten Civilizations that were:
            1)People of Church(Pius IX)- Italy Church
            2)Piemont-Sardinian(Cavour or Garibaldi)-
            Italy Revolucionary
            3)Bourbons(Franz II)-French allied from Napoleon III
            4)French(Napoleon III)-French
            5)Toscanians(Leopold II)-allied to Austrians
            6)Austrians(Franz Joseph)or Austro-Hungarians
            7)Holsteinians(Hans)-Dinamark
            8)Prussians(Otto Von Bismarck)-Nort of German
            9)Bavarians(Lothar)-South of German
            10)Spain(D. Carlos or D.Afonso- Spain Parlament or
            Leopold Von Hollenzollern- brother or cousin from King of Prussian- Guilherm I)

And then these were the 10 Civilizatiions that I would like to create in scenario- that revelled the history in that date 1848 bis 1870.

Finally, I would like too know were I can find scenarios like to Belle Epoc- I found in Apolyton, I think, but I don`t remember where- there jhave 8 civilizations(Turks, Barbarians(Neutrals), Allied, Nazi,Russians, Japanese,British and other Civilization that I don`t remember.
            So, anybody tell too where I can found Belle Epoque scenarios and other that are identics, and others.
            Ah, and if can help me to eliminate that message that I said before(Casuality Time in CIV II MGE 4.5-civ3 patch), I really would be gratefull
            So, excuse everybody for the Big(Monster Text), but it was necessary to explain, sorry for this!
            And thanks for everybody. If or when we have time, who knows we play CIV II MGE in Internet?
            Is it a good idea? Auf Wiedersehen!!!!! Bye, MLK

Comment

Re: '"Barbarians are brill", says ace designer.'

Originally posted by Panda
              You know there is surprising versatility in using the barbarians as a "spare" civ slot for minor nations, providing you can live with a generic flag.
              Just an idea: if you "include" a specific flag in your city graphic (and if you use a transparent one for the barbs), then you could even have different flags as well as the different cities, depending on size and walls or not!
              Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
              Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
              POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
              LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrion
                Just an idea: if you "include" a specific flag in your city graphic (and if you use a transparent one for the barbs), then you could even have different flags as well as the different cities, depending on size and walls or not!
                Yes, provided you inform the player of that modification. Otherwise he may be a bit puzzled when he gathers a force to occupy what turns out to be an undefended city. I guess that could add some strategy to the game, never knowing if the barbarian cities have more defenders in them.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

But have I to modify only a scenario or mofiy a game und only than I can modify a scenario?
                  For example:have I make to change the cities.gif, rules, game, pedia, etc other only change the scenario, creatibg barbarians?
                  How I make these changes that all you writen for me?
                  How can I create Barbarian cities? Barbarian Kings and other factions? And others.
                  Resuming: How can I makes theses changes that you haven said to me?Please learn me/tell me.
                  Thanks everbody!

Comment

Ah, and I would like too that anyone said me where can I find scenarios LabelleEpoque- I know that exist here in Apolyton Site/forum, but I don`t rememeber where.
                    If you know, please tell me.

Thanks, MLK

Comment

Plese help me!!!!!!!!

Please don`t forget me!!!javascript:smilie('')
                      Please help me!!!javascript:smilie('')
                      Ok, ten Civilizations is very complex/dificulty, then I make other question, more easy, I think:
                      Hopw I can create/make a scenario with 7 Civilizations(or 8 if it is possible)? javascript:smilie('')
                      And when I ask this, it is because I tried to CivSwap, but I can`t use this program...javascript:smilie('')
                      And the Civ2map that I know is only for Start on Premade world- and I don`t want this.
                      I would like to make one sceanrio.scn, but I don`t know how, althought I had Civ II MGE, I can`t create/make scenarios.scn
                      And I know that erverybody in this place makes excellent scenariosjavascript:smilie(''), than I request again: please help me, ok? Don`t forget me.javascript:smilie('')

Comment

And I would make scenario with schism-that have only in
                        Civilization I-when appears a civil war, when oneibe capture the enemy capital, we have schism; civil war other civil rebel.

"Champagne is good for the victorys, necessary for the defeats"- Napoleon

Comment

Here's the how-to guide in a nutshell:

find a map you want as the basis for your scenario
                          start a new game using the premade world option, using that map (choose the romans or another white civ for yourself).
                          activate the cheat mode
                          place settlers for each civ where you want cities
                          build cities
                          build improvements an wonders in the cities
                          place units in the cities and wherever else you want
                          improve the map terrain
                          give technologies, set attitudes, treaties, etc (edit king)
                          save the game as a scenario

keep things simple to start with, and before any of that you should plan your scenario out. What civs? what units? special technologies? game objective?

Also you need to know that civs will only schism if there is a spare tribe "colour", e.g. if in a regular game you only started with 6 tribes, or in a 7 tribe game one tribe is wiped out. So having 7 tribes and a barbarian civ in play means no chance of schism.
                          "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

I made any alterations in Cities.gif in my Civ2.
                            The cities are 10-The game is ok; well not 100%- there are 7 seven Civilizations yet; but in this moment I only like to know if is it possible to retire flags that appears into my city- and the cities of computer too, when the units are fortify.
                            Ohters changes was made and I would like to retire this.
                            Please, if is possible, try to play Civ2/Civ2 .MGE with my cities.gif in new game and any scenario-only make a test-if isn`t problem for you, people;then, if you know, please tell me how can I make the right changes.
                            Then, I would like, if is it possible, you make a test with a new game or any scenario and see the changes that the CPU made, and how I can make the right modifications.
                            Please evrybody, try to do it, if is not problem.
                            Thank you, Marcelo L.K.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I only like to know if is it possible to retire flags that appears into my city- and the cities of computer too, when the units are fortify.
                              1. Do you mean that you want no flags at all?

If so, make a backup of the Cities file. Use MSPaint or some equivalent program to open the Cities file. Go to the Flags box in the lower left hand corner. Paint over the 7 flags in the top row with the magenta (pink) that forms the background. Save.

2. Do you mean that you want no flags only if units in a city are fortified?

Impossible.

Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
                              Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Working...
                              X