NHL Fantasy League Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL Fantasy League Hockey

Yahoo opened up registration for its Fantasy Hockey today.

Does Apolyton usually start a league? Would anyone want to?
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

ehhhhhhhhh

no
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'd be interested in participating, but I would be unable to run the bastard.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I'll create it.

What kind of draft do we want:
        Live Online Draft
        You will participate in a live online draft that may last several hours and requires a Java-enabled browser. In addition, you may be unable to participate if you are using AOL as your internet service provider, or access the web from behind a firewall. Test your system to see if it is draft compatible.

Autopick Draft
        We will draft teams for your league based on either our default rankings or manager's pre-ranking of players. Once you set your league's draft status to Ready, your draft will happen within 72 hours.

Offline Draft
        Your league conducts its own player draft offline and submits the results via our draft results entry page, which can be reached from the Commissioner's Tools on your league overview page.

I'm thinking offline draft?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'd vote for offline.

Comment

Yeah, i'd say go with offline too. Apolyton's the perfect resource for that.

what kind of stats/rosters should we go with? i find the default icky

Comment

Here's what I have so far. I can recreate a league with different settings if you guys want:

Code:
              League ID#: 	4355
              League Name: 	Apolyton
              Password: 	samurai
              Season Type: 	Full
              Draft Type: 	Offline Draft
              Max Teams: 	20
              Scoring Type: 	Rotisserie
              Max Moves: 	No maximum
              Max Trades: 	No maximum
              Trade Reject Time: 	2
              Trade End Date: 	March 9, 2006
              Waiver Time: 	2 days
              Can't Cut List Provider: 	Yahoo! Sports
              Trade Review: 	League Votes
              Post Draft Players: 	Follow Waiver Rules
              Max Games Played: 	82
              Weekly Deadline: 	Daily - Tomorrow
              Start Scoring on: 	Wednesday, Oct 5
              Roster Positions: 	C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR
              Stat Categories: 	G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SH%, FW, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

no need to recreate, you can edit them through Commisioner Tools.

I usually don't like GWG cuz its alot of luck and not much about skill. Same with SHP.

Oh, and P seems pointless to me if we have G and A

Comment

oooh, Rotisserie, just noticed that. We sure we want that and not H2H?

Comment

We can do H2H if you want.

It doesn't really explain what the difference is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                      no need to recreate, you can edit them through Commisioner Tools.

I usually don't like GWG cuz its alot of luck and not much about skill. Same with SHP.

Oh, and P seems pointless to me if we have G and A
                      Removed P, GWG, and SHP.

Comment

I'd vote against PIM.

Comment

In a Rotisserie League, fantasy teams are ranked from first to last in each of several statistical categories. Points are then awarded according to the order of finish in each category and are totaled to determine an overall score and place.

So, if you are in a 12-team league, the team with the most goals scored will receive 12 points, the team with the second most will receive 11 points, etc. In the case of a tie, each team involved receives an average of the total points due -- ie, in the above example, if two teams were tied for first in assists, each would receive 11.5 points [(12 + 11) / 2 = 11.5].

Therefore, the maximum number of points that a team can earn is equal to the number of scoring categories within a league multiplied by the number of teams in the league. Similarly, the lowest number of points that a team can earn is equal to the number of scoring categories multiplied by one, which is the lowest score that can be achieved in any category.

So, if you were playing in a league with 12 teams and 12 scoring categories, the lowest point total possible is 12 [12 * 1 = 12] and the highest is 144 [12 * 12 = 144].

Rankings within the individual scoring categories (G, A, etc.) are based on the cumulative stats earned by all active players during the season and not on any individual day or game.

Therefore, the overall ranking of your team will rise and fall depending on how it performs relative to the performance of other league members. So, the phenomenon of "losing points" can be explained as your rank falling in one or more of the statistical categories used in your league.

All non head-to-head Public Leagues use rotisserie scoring and the same default configuration. Private Leagues can use rotisserie, head-to-head or fantasy point scoring, and all are totally customizable.
                          In a Head-to-Head League, your team will square off in a weekly matchup against another manager's to see who can compile the best stats across a number of different categories.

A new weekly matchup begins every Monday and will consist of a set number of games based on your league's statistical categories. Each stat category counts as one game, with the win going to the team that finishes the week with the highest total in that category (the cumulative total after each Sunday's games).

So, if in a given week, your team scores more goals than your opponent's, you would be credited with a victory. However, if your opponent's team ended the week with a better save percentage than your team, you would be charged with a loss. If the two teams end up tied in a given category, each will receive credit for a tied game.

This weekly win-loss total will be added to a cumulative season record where each win counts for two points, each tie counts for one and each loss counts for none. The total of these points will be used to determine standings and playoff seedings.

Head-to-head scoring is available in both Public and Custom Leagues. All Public Leagues use the same default settings, while Custom League commissioners will be able to specify a number of settings, including roster size and stat categories.
                          I'd vote head-to-head...any others?

Comment

H2H - 2 teams match their stats head to head for a week, Monday to Sunday, and whoever does better in each category gets a point for it, with ties giving a half point.

Rotisserie: your stats are tracked for the entire season, and points are given out according to how well you're doing in each statistic compared to everyone else in the league

so like, for example, whoever has the most goals gets 10 points, whoever has 2nd most goals gets 9 points, and so on. And thats done for every stat. Whoever finishes the season with the most total points wins.

As far as im concerned, the advantage of H2H is if you're team has a bad week or 2, you can still come back by winning alot of other weeks, whereas in Rotisserie, if you fall way behind in a given stastic, you don't have great odds of making a comeback.

I'm sure someone could argue in favor of Rotiserie too.

[edit] damn you Asher and you're ability to copy paste [/edit]

Comment

Definitely H2H.

Comment

Working...
                              X