Harvester Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvester Food

Greetings fellow players! I have recently started a game as Ithkul and after about 100 turns of play I have come to the conclusion that there is no way of having my population on a planet entirely content, as they must either starve, if purely harvesters, or be eaten by harvesters, if on a colony of mixed population. Is there any solution to the problem? And if there is not, does any one have any idea how I can at least import non Ithkul on Ithkul colonies, to serve as food? Thanks!

P.S. I don't have any hard facts, but I think that the AI is cheating in Hard and Impossible difficulty settings, just as it did in MOO2. Any facts?

Harvesters eat "normal" food just like everyone else. When they are on a mixed race planet though they convert others into food or minerals depending on who they are,its a nice bonus and also a great way to have 100% race planets so terraforming isn't wasted. I've only seen one instance where a planet had an ithkul minority that remained a minority throughout the game,that was because there were no additional ithkul to migrate to that planet, so maybe in a few hundred turns they'd have gotten it.

they won't eat the Non-corporeal guys though, so watch yourself. As for unhappiness just control piracy, and maybe have a Military dea on hand. Their citizenship bonus is pretty good.

Also the ai does get extra bonuses on higher difficulty,the specifics are in spreadsheets.mob.

Comment

Thank you Whoha, you have been of great help; not that it greatly changes my style of play, but at least it helps to understand yet another mystery in this riddle of a game!

Comment

You can always conquer non-Ithkul worlds and set migration. If they have lots of population, they'll eventually move to low-pop Ithkul worlds to serve as food...
        Master of Orion 3 iMOD

Comment

Just kill them all! Muahahah

Comment

Working...
          X