Just played AC for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just played AC for the first time

Ashamed to say I've not played Civ since college many years ago - how much of my life did it vacuum up then, lol!

Just played AC for the first time over the weekend and played through all night with no sleep! OMG it's so addictive.

Am pleased to see a community still exists for the game - are you guys all still playing this game? That kind of longevity is extraordinary! Especially with so many bleh console titles with no replay value.

Tell me, who are the best AC players in the world? Have they ever played each other? What's the longest ongoing game on record?

Am pleased to see a community still exists for the game - are you guys all still playing this game? That kind of longevity is extraordinary! Especially with so many bleh console titles with no replay value.
    Are you serious?
    Still playing this game???

Our community not only exists but grows and flocks and is stable over time!

The only thing that may change it is cIV, but there are already projects to mod into an upgraded SMACX.

Tell me, who are the best AC players in the world?
    The best I know in order of appearance:
    1.Shawnmmcc (not active)
    2.Buster (active at CGN.)
    3.Kody (not active)

Have they ever played each other?
    Kody has played along with Buster in ACDG 2.

What's the longest ongoing game on record?
    I believe it's The War (stopped for time due to one player's RL issues), started at "23 Jan 2002".

Cheers and keep playing!
    binTravkin
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I think there are a LOT of really good players here.

...and I think binTravkin is being a little modest.

But yeah, buster and Kody are good. I was in ACDG 2 and the tactics and subtle nuances in strategies were ridiculous. I'd say Darsnan ranks up there too. He knows a smackload of game mechanics that I can't pretend to understand.

Glad you could join our community. We're all pretty cool and like to joke around with each other which is awesome.

And the offhanded joke made at someone's expense is the common thing here.
      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
      *****Citizen of the Hive****
      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Re: Just played AC for the first time

Originally posted by buddha888

Just played AC for the first time over the weekend and played through all night with no sleep! OMG it's so addictive.

Welcome- your local social services and health services will have been notified and will be on hand to deal with the sleep starvation, solipsism, hunger pangs, caffeine addiction, isolation and great feelings of animosity towards Miriam.
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I think a proper pic is in order here, Molly...
          Last edited by GeoModder; February 13, 2010, 15:55.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

o gnoes teh proggies r coming

Comment

Nobody expects the airborne progenitor inquisition!
              SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Join the Hive!!!
                Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                *****Citizen of the Hive****
                "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

No Join the Free drones

After all, "the drones need you "
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus
                    Nobody expects the airborne progenitor inquisition!
                    Nah - the Progs are just misunderstood. This group is just the local welcoming committee "dropping by" with some potted dishes and tupperware samples for the new human colonists.....

D

Comment

Don't mind the worms inside your head, please. They're harmless, really.

Comment

Just don't be like this guy.

Comment

Just 50 hours and he took time out to sleep !? what a wimp
                          Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

How do you get a unit to switch home base (so that it doesn't become a drain on the original base)?

Comment

buddha888,

Move a unit into a new base then right click and choose 'set home base.'
                              Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X