Tomato paste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomato paste

So I was making pizza today and got this 5-lb can of tomato paste, of which I've used about 1/10th so far.

Any suggestions for what to do with the rest?
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Lots and lots of spaghetti .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Throw it at homeless people and disabled veterans.

Comment

Why did you get 5 lbs and not 5 ozs?
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

5 pounds of tomato paste.. lordy
          i guess id divide it up into small sections and freeze it.
          that should last you quite a while....lol
          "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

talk about buying economy sized to save money. Even I'm not that cheap. I just buy the small cans.

You are not supposed to put metal cans in the frigerator (I'd imagine the freezer as well). So you'll have to put them in freezer safe tupperware containers and freeze them. And then make spagheti like every week. I love spagheti, I probably could eat it every week.

I suppose you can make other stuff with it. But spaghetti and tacos are about the only 2 meals I know how to cook. . Aside from cooking meat on a grill, that is.

Comment

You can use it as a base for a breadspread for breakfast . You have to mix in finely-chopped onions , some garlic , and some butter , with salt and pepper . Heat it and stir it until the thing loses its excess water , and becomes spreadable .

Then yiou can store what you've just made by freezing it , and use it by heating it before use and spreading it on toasted bread , then put some cheese on top of that .

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                Throw it at homeless people and disabled veterans.
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I'll open a cuisine thread later this day. Apolyton Cuisine I. Be prepared.

Comment

Keine wurst, bitte.

Only good food.

Or else.
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

That's everyone's choice. It'll be a sanctuary of recipe exchange.

Comment

My vegetable soup pwnz

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                          Why did you get 5 lbs and not 5 ozs?
                          I was making pizza for about 20 people, although I didn't make enough dough so it ended up being about 5 servings. More pizza is being made today with an expected use of another 2 lbs.
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

metric system
                            får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm
                              You can use it as a base for a breadspread for breakfast . You have to mix in finely-chopped onions , some garlic , and some butter , with salt and pepper . Heat it and stir it until the thing loses its excess water , and becomes spreadable .

Then yiou can store what you've just made by freezing it , and use it by heating it before use and spreading it on toasted bread , then put some cheese on top of that .
                              This looks good but I can't eat garlic. Will it be ok without it?
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                              X