I have arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have arrived!

Feast your eyes on this beauty. I now have ice cold beer at my finger tips. This fridge was in our home when we bought it 3 years ago. After trying to give it away, on two occassions people just never came to pick it up, I decided I'd put it to good use. Picked me up a keg-erator conversion kit online and wa-laa!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dojoboy; August 6, 2005, 09:11.
    "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
    I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
    --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Post a pic of it with door open

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
      Post a pic of it with door open
      You devil you.

We don't know each other well enough yet.
      I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."

Comment

Ah, fresh lemonaide straight from the tap. Jolly Good, I say I say.
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

who puts a refrigerator in front of a window?

looks like a water tap to me. Many modern fridges have ice makers which means they have running water to the unit. Though usually they are in the front right next to the handled for the ice to drop out.

or maybe it's a way to drink juices that drop into the tray at the bottom (through some sort of pump)

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
            who puts a refrigerator in front of a window?
            Ah hell, it's in the garage. If it was in the house, my wife would have decided where it went. But, getting a beer tap inside is too much to hope for.

Comment

dojo,

Please indulge an ignorant Brit. Is it possible to convert a spare, old fridge (which I have) into a new, cooled beer barrel (which I want)?

Comment

Making your own Kegerator? Need a Conversion kit? We’ve got it! Save time and money with Beverage Factory’s huge selection of Kegerator Conversion kits! We’ve got just thing for all you ‘do-it-yourselfers’! Whether you need a Door Mount Kegerator Kit, Tower Kegerator Kit, Homebrew Kegerator Kit or even a Jockey Box Conversion Kit we’ve got it all and more! We even offer a free, downloadable Kegerator conversion kit instruction manual or call us at 1-800-710-9939 and our Beverage Factory draft beer experts will be happy to help with any installation questions.
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                  dojo,

Please indulge an ignorant Brit. Is it possible to convert a spare, old fridge (which I have) into a new, cooled beer barrel (which I want)?
                  Absolutely! That is EXACTLY what I did. Depending on the size of your old fridge, you may be restricted to the size of barrel you can place in it. Right now, I've just got a bullet barrel/keg in mine, which is approximately 45 pints. I need to level the bottom to squeeze in a full keg, because of its width.

In the states, we laymen call barrels kegs which are available in full size - keg (15.5 gallons), half size - pony kegs (7.75 gallons), and bullet kegs (5.5 gallons). But, I believe a barrel is a completely different measuring unit. ???

Here is the company I used:

Micro Matic

I bought the dual gauge.
                  Last edited by dojoboy; August 5, 2005, 20:59.

Comment

Working...
                  X