MY-2182 - Planning & Execution thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY-2182 - Planning & Execution thread

Should have started this a couple of days ago - but Morgan has been getting quicker with their turns of late.

Maniac - can you do the base orders, workers, formers and crawler deployment again this turn?

Opened turn - accepted Treaties with Gaians and Morgan (and the Angels accepted our offer of a treaty)

Cashed in the northern AA at AU - it divulged the secrets of Applied Relativity!! This then begs the question - should we proceed to rush the Supercollider at AU (twinned with the Merchant Exchange there, after the cloud cover abates it'll be an awesome research base)

Some early non-consequential moves:
    • Again took out the Temple's plasma defender with the B-6 from Health Authority (we need to change those names to more Spartan ones) - Lal again changed production form a missile unit to another plasma defender
    • returned the 3 noodles milling around Temple back to Health Authority
    • returned the B-4 north of Aid Station (it had taken out the spore launcher there) to Aid Station
    • took out one of the 2 spore launchers at Temple with the B-4 from HA
    • Put a Longstrider in production at ARC - it can be rushed for 30 credits (I don't think we should capture Temple before we can position a probe team there for infiltration defence)
    • returned the B-6 that was providing CAP on the southern fleet to Kel
    • moved the southern fleet south and west en-route to the Angels theater of operations
    • sent the injured B-6 from Kel to CAP the fleet's new position
    • sailed the slow trannie in Kel bay into Kel itself. (there's a couple of Impact Infantrymen there that can be loaded and taken somewhere to hide in the fungus maybe - and perhaps given amphi ability - an instant response task force)
    Here's a gamesave with those few moves done
    Attached Files

What is going on with this diplomacy? It's truly mind-boggling! They don't say a word to us, we think they are ready to join forces against us and start the next huge world war, and then they all sign treaties! I guess it's a good sign.
    Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Re: MY-2182 - Planning & Execution thread

Originally posted by Googlie
      Maniac - can you do the base orders, workers, formers and crawler deployment again this turn?
      Yes.

(Edit: in two hours or so. )
      Last edited by Maniac; August 4, 2005, 17:51.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

The Ministry of Infrsatructure informs:

-- Instabuild The Supercollider: good!

-- H-Forest in Fort Sup shouldn't be delayed further. Let's boost it to pop 16 and 40mins/turn!

Otherwise, other options (lots of them indeed) remain and must be put on priority order. I list them randomly.

-- Network Node at Argos (within the 4 next turns, to be ready when we reach AMA, or even before)

-- Keeping (building) enough crawlers to MM Hospital and H-Forest at AU as soon as possible, and having enough of them to instabuild the HSA if we get it by the AA.

-- Building bio-enhancement centers where we want our training bases

-- Building aerospace centers in bases facing the Angels

-- we need formers around those same bases (sensors first, then terraforming)

-- we talked about MMing Tree Farms at Fort Liberty and Tegea Harbor.

-- a colony pod for a city by the (freshwater) sea near ARC, and a seaformer ASAP to get the 2 pods.

-- a city on the strip of land facing the Gaians with defensive units.

------------------------------------------------------------------
        Not infrastructure related:

-- Forest expanded near Iaci Base (again) and Kel Harbor.
        All the bases in Central Arcadia just need a Tree Farm and a Creche and wooplah! No formers needed, just a few crawlers!

-- Don't forget to send the tech trade offer to the Gaians!

This turn has well begun. It's gonna rock!
        From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Originally posted by vishniac
          -- Instabuild The Supercollider: good!

-- H-Forest in Fort Sup shouldn't be delayed further. Let's boost it to pop 16 and 40mins/turn!
          I'm not sure both are possible this turn. We only have one fungal gin freight.

Originally posted by Googlie
          (we need to change those names to more Spartan ones)
          Vijayanagar - the City of Victory.
          Indian name, Spartan spirit.
          (Edit: And they're fun to play in Europa Universalis II )

As for other names, if we run out of ideas, there's still the Base and Landmark Naming thread with lots of unused suggestions.
          Last edited by Maniac; August 4, 2005, 21:50.

Comment

Intermediate report. There's little that I could do yet with the workers, crawler shuffling & hurrying. First some questions on our strategy and priorities would need to be answered.
            • Mind worm flamed for 20 credits near the Langhda Pass.
            • Children's Crèche hurried at Twonuts Strand with the help of a crawler and a couple credits. I'd suggest Rolling Thunder II or a B-4 stay in that base until 2NS has built an extra CDF to deal with the extra drones from popbooming.
            • The second PK alien artifact has been dropped off at Argos.

Questions:

• What were the plans for Iaci Base's former?
            • Still ok to hurry tree farms in Fort Liberty and Tegea Harbour?
            • As far as I can see we can't build the Supercollider in AU, a hybrid forest in FS, and a network node in Argos all this turn (except perhaps by using lots of unupgraded crawlers, but that's kinda a waste ). What would have priority? What won't be done this turn, can easily be done next turn of course by upgrading some crawlers(unless something else once again comes in between ). After this round of upgrades, we'll almost have run out of cash though I think, so a research hospital and hybrid forest in AU will take some longer before they're finished. But then again, since AU is suffering Cloud Cover, I guess that isn't that much of a problem.
            • Do we continue producing F-6s at Fort Buster and Olympus Academy, or given the peace with all the human factions, build bioenhancement centers or even builder stuff instead?
            • How about hurrying the crawler under production in Minas Tirith?
            • Note that no build orders or hurrying has been set yet in the former PK bases!!! That's better done by the military commander at Arcadia Regional Command I assume.
            Attached Files

Comment

Iaci Base's former was building a roadlink to the trans-arcadian highway - it's prolly quicker to clear the fungus and build the road to its immediate southeast (flat and rainy) than to build over 2 forest tiles

I'd go ahead and use the 2 builder-bob 2's for instabuilding the tree farms as planned (question - for the MM, do you need to be prototyping a unit worth more than the facilty you're changing to, or if you have excess minerals, do they convert to energy when retiring? I see that you have 3-res sentinels in the build box - 40 mins. The builder-bob-2 is 110 mins....... in the previous couple of turns my "retire this" was a plasma rover missile arty unit - 360 mins or something)

Given that we have a -1 energy per square in AU for the next 8 years or so, I suggest that we can wait a turn before building the Supercollider (and that, too, lets us build another CDF there to cope with the rising population)

But I'd save the ginfreighter and the Builder Bob crawler for that SP build.

So we can MM a Network Node at Argos this turn, but I think we need another couple of crawlers for use in FS before we MM the Hybrid Forest there, plus we can upgrade a couple more this turn for the FS Hybrid Forest build next turn

As we won't be getting the Cyborg Factory ( ) I'd support bioenhancement centers at those 2 bases with aersopace complexes. After that we can think about expanding those bases with tree farms and other infrastructure

MT's crawler hurry would cost 23 credits - I'd go for that.

As for the captured bases, I suggest:
              • High Commission (our first capture) to become Vijayanagar, and build a crawler
              • Commerce Committee to become Assassin's Redoubt (it's our highest base in Arcadia) and produce a Crypteia
              • Aid Station is building a crypteia
              • Health Authority, Bunker-112 and Kel Harbor are starting a crawler
              • ARC has a partially completed longstrider, which I suggest we rush for 30 credits. It can then relieve Health Authority next turn, which in turn can take up sentry duty in Temple when we capture it

Comment

Some suggestions:
                • Vijayanagar - why not move a worker from a 1-2-1 forest tile (stagnant growth) to that 3/1/0 nut tile (growth in 5 turns)
                • move the cdf from Sparta Command to Gythium harbour - then the librarian can be put to work in the fields generating another citizen
                • in Ironholm, if we use the crawler on the 2/5/0 tile for MM'ing, we shoudl move the worker from the 2/3/0 tilke to that 2/5/0 vacated tile)
                Here's an update with the couple of namechanges and the suggested PK base build orders in - no hurries done, though
                Attached Files

Comment

Seeing that we'll probably wait until we get Centauri Empathy to cash the AA, so the Network Node at Argos can wait a few turns, and following the principle that investment in a big base brings back more than in a little one, I'd propose to postpone the NN at Argos, MM only one Tree Farm, and instabuild the HF at Fort Sup.

EDIT: Where is the Ginrunner (the flying crawler) ?
                  Last edited by vishniac; August 5, 2005, 07:46.
                  From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Some more moves:
                    • Tomcat-IB continues connecting its home base to the Transarcadian Highway.
                    • FL & TH's tree farms hurried - those crawlers are too far from FS to be used fr hybrid forest hurrying anyway.
                    • TH's new recruited CDF is moving to FS for drone control - FS' mineral production is too high to train its own cheap CDFs.
                    • ARC probe team hurried for 30c.
                    • Crawler production in MT hurried.
                    • Did some worker shuffling so both SC2 & GH will grow next turn.
                    • Two VV crawlers will be rehomed to OA, so no minerals will be wasted because of VV producing a cheap CDF.

Where is the Ginrunner (the flying crawler) ?
                    It has supplied the workers on the Ascetic Virtues with much enjoyed beverages.

I see vishniac and Googlie are suggesting some different things regarding priorities in Northern Arcadia.

As we won't be getting the Cyborg Factory ( ) I'd support bioenhancement centers at those 2 bases with aersopace complexes.
                    Okay. Will hurry them. With unupgraded crawlers though. We only have enough cash to upgrade two crawlers to synth-ECM-trance, and I assume those would be best used in Northern Arcadia.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                      It has supplied the workers on the Ascetic Virtues with much enjoyed beverages.
                      UUUUUHHHH!!! I...forgot that! :

A few observations (if nobody paid attention, and for Zeiter who's SMAX deprived):
                      I took a little time with the map and
                      -- Laborer's Throng (Hive city south of 2nutstrand) has a colony pod as unit supported. Would be interesting to patrol a plane to find it, even if we can't do anything about it. Its aim could well be the nut-bonus tile besides our road. Don't be surprised!
                      -- Morgan has upgraded all his Scouts and Sentinels to 'Clean', putting Bio-Engineering to good use.
                      -- His 3 planes are damaged at 40%, 50% and 60%. The whole (or so) Yang Air Force is ready in Manufacturing Warrens and the first morganite city only has a Scout. Go, Chairman, go! Too bad we can't watch what happens over there.

Comment

• Bioenhancement center hurried with three crawlers in Olympus Academy. Do we want to do the same with Fort Buster, or wait until we can upgrade a crawler?
                        • Split votes over what to do with the Arcadian crawlers. That leaves it to a third voter I guess.
                        • Network node hurried in Argos. The 8-rows upgraded crawler fits perfectly for it, so...
                        • The mouse sent Argos' new crawler to the wrong tile.
                        • Two crawlers between AU & FS upgraded to 11 rows.

Can't think of anything else to do? Since I'm not familiar with the military plans, I'd suggest someone else finishes the turn again.
                        Attached Files

Comment

- i got it - I'll finish any military moves needed (plus the Arcadian crawler resolution) then send it onwards

Comment

At 2NS - if we move the worker off the lone mineral tile (no effect on the creche) and put it on a nut tile, it'll have 2 nuts surplus. I may have asked this question before, but does the game complete the creche then look at possible pop growth, then add one, or vice versa? (ie no pop growth 'cos no creche - yet - when it looked)

Comment

I tested it. Building the creche won't make the base popboom yet this turn. So for this turn we'd better leave the worker on the mineral ( or of course a librarian).

Comment

Working...
                              X