Apple launches a two-button mouse . . . . . . and hell freezes over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple launches a two-button mouse . . . . . . and hell freezes over

Seems if Apple is determined to get rid of everything that made them . . . . . unique , shall I say . First the x6 move , then the DMR thing , now this .

Any supporters of the one-button interface here ? I come from the calssic two-button world of the PC .

50$ for that!!!!???

My 518 Logitech costs 50$ and it has 8 buttons + a scrollwheel, not to mention 1600DPI
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Re: Apple launches a two-button mouse . . . . . . and hell freezes over

Originally posted by aneeshm
      Seems if Apple is determined to get rid of everything that made them . . . . . unique , shall I say.
      Only if you totally ignore the entire design of the product.

Comment

...and the price

Comment

The PC world has moved past 2 button mice years ago.

I feel lost without 5 buttons.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

5 buttons? 8 buttons? Good god, why?

All I need is a 2 button + scroll wheel..although my current moust has the typical 2 buttons, a scroll wheel, page up/page down buttons, another button whose purpose i don't know, and a Forward/Back button for web browsing..my keyboard also has a scroll wheel, back/forward, and other media/PC buttons.

I never use any of them though. Too set in my ways.

Comment

It's essential for back/forward (thumb buttons), and pushing the mousewheel in is great for activating panning mode.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Ok, I understand panning with the wheel, but everything else is just totally beyond my needs or wants, except for possible gaming.

Comment

Actually, I make do with four buttons--the fourth is for going back on webpages.

The fifth mouse button and the wheelmouse button, I don't use as much.
                  B♭3

Comment

Hmmm... looks still like a weird mouse. The scroll around part seems useable, but the squeeze parts doesn't seem to be that good for the hand

I have only tried a Mac once or twice, but that was a long time ago so I've forgotten about have it was...
                    My mouse has 6 buttons, but one of them is too weirdly placed to be used
                    The other 3 non-standard buttons are used to back, maximize and minimize
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Honestly, I still use my microsoft mice on the mac I have. This "Mighty Mouse"... well, I don't like its aesthetics. Then again, I haven't been a big fan of the mac sense of design with the exception of their new keyboard and the G5.
                      B♭3

Comment

It seems like a nice mouse, but I like my Logitech, so I'll hold off.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Logitech

And the Mighty Mouse looks super strange.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

In terms of ergonomics the old Apple Pro mouse is the best I've ever used. It's nice and solid and you never get sore using it.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Can we all agree that "Mighty Mouse" is even a worse name than "Windows Vista"?

Comment

Working...
                              X