Abandoned Towns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abandoned Towns

A place to allow the Bards somewhere to tell of when they abandon another of their cities
    Long Live The Horde
    Marshal of the Concordian Armed Forces
    Membership Officer of the Axe Grinders Guild

Post deleted.
    Last edited by Ljube; July 28, 2005, 18:06.

Comment

Idiots. Abandoning cities is a perfectly acceptable form of city defence. If you can't defend both of them, abandon the weaker one and shove the rest into the other city.

And it has been used in every single Civ 3 demogame this site has been part of, both inter and intra site. Get used to it.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Post deleted.
        Last edited by Ljube; July 28, 2005, 18:06.

Comment

Ljube, if you think that then you have no place as a general, or even being called a competant civ player.

It is part of the game, and was programmed into the game by the designers. It is therefore, not an exploit. If you don't have the ability to understand how this game works and adapt to the circumstances that arise in the game, I suggest that you shut up and watch silently, or go and read the appropiate strat threads.

But most importantly of all, I would suggest to you that you learn tact before you post here again. It will probably help you make some real friends and allies. You seem to have lost all of those that you have made so far in this game.
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

geez, Ljube. You don't get your way and you start pouting.

I couldn't agree with Krill more.
            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Abandoning indefensible towns is a tactic that has been practiced since Roman times at least, if not before that. Slash and burn... and certainly a legitamite Civ tactic as long as you're not in an Elim game (where it's impossible). It is a strategic tactic ("Resource denial") that prevents opponents from gaining from their victories.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Ljube just bent the needle on Golden Bear's cringe-o-meter. Hopefully he was posting "in character?"

Golden Bear

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                  Idiots.
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Plato, how is calling someone an idiot any worse than calling somone a liar or a betrayer? Because I seem to recall you doing the exact same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                      Plato, how is calling someone an idiot any worse than calling somone a liar or a betrayer? Because I seem to recall you doing the exact same thing.
                      Because when I was doing it, I was in character and calling the leaders of civilizations liars and betrayers. I actually think quite highly of everyone I have met in this game and am thrilled to get to know them. Calling someone an idiot for their particular strategy in civilization is just wrong in my opinion...of course it is just my opinion.
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Calling someone an "immoral" and "sore losers" for their particular strategy (which is acceptable and legitmate!) in civilization is okay?

Those comments didn't seem to be in character either.
                        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
                          Calling someone an "immoral" and "sore losers" for their particular strategy (which is acceptable and legitmate!) in civilization is okay?

Those comments didn't seem to be in character either.
                          I have to agree with you on this as well.

I would really like to see all the personal attacks stop. Attack civs and the leaders of the civs ( as leaders of the civs), but let's lay off each other personally.

The reason I came to this game was to make friends, not enemies. I have been having great fun playing my role, but have refrained from posting for a couple of days due to the way this seems to be degenerating.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
                            Because when I was doing it, I was in character and calling the leaders of civilizations liars and betrayers. I actually think quite highly of everyone I have met in this game and am thrilled to get to know them. Calling someone an idiot for their particular strategy in civilization is just wrong in my opinion...of course it is just my opinion.
                            Originally posted by PLATO
                            I would really like to see all the personal attacks stop. Attack civs and the leaders of the civs ( as leaders of the civs), but let's lay off each other personally.

The reason I came to this game was to make friends, not enemies. I have been having great fun playing my role, but have refrained from posting for a couple of days due to the way this seems to be degenerating.
                            Mate, you're near to the bottom of people I would like to know any better due to your behavior in this game. I don't want to be called a betrayer either if it's in or out of character. Certainly when it doesn't seem to be all that obvious. And even more so by people I barely know, either in RL or just a game like this. This betrayer has lost quite some enthusiasm and fun in the game just because of those comments and the actual feeling of being misled in trust.

Your call for personal attacks to stop is ridiculous by your very own being. And yes I do take this image I obtained from you into other games.

BC-52's has been abandoned, 1175 BC
                            don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

Mac, that is quite a shot there.

Considering all the many things posted here in the public threads by so many different people

also, these public threads are the one open place where all teams can do posturing, bragging, and mourning
                              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                              X