No announcement yet.

Should I go to my high school reunion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I go to my high school reunion?

Eh? EH???

Here's the thing:

Out of 172 names in my graduating class I don't remember a single one of those kids. Except for Gretchen **** who was hot as hell. But the others - I look at the spreadsheet and can't place a single face to any of the names.

And no, don't ask me to look in my yearbook - I never got one. Or if I did, I promptly lost it. I do remember being quite proud to have made it through High School without a single extracurricular activity to my name. I'm sure I was the only four-year student (as opposed to, like, transfers and ****) who could claim such an honor.

However, it's a good excuse to take the family to Atlanta for a weekend. And if I don't like what happens on Friday night, I can always skip town and see my real friends.
    Yes. Then you can impress them with how little they meant to you.
    33.33%
    No. Why the **** would you care to meet a bunch of people who's names you can't be bothered to remember?
    48.15%
    JohnT graduated from High School? WTF??? (please post real reply below if you choose this option, ya sorry bastard.)
    7.41%
    Bananarama.
    11.11%

No, delete this thread.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Sounds like it would be a waste for you.

Comment

The way I see HS reunions, is anybody that I wanted to keep in touch with from HS, I do. The rest didn't matter to me then and mean even less to me now.
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Unless your memory for names is significantly poorer than your memory for faces/people/experiences, then why bother?
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Oh, I'm sure we'll have tags. I'll then be able to practice my awesome ability to bull**** on the fly w/o saying "I don't know who the **** you are."

Comment

Or in the alternative say, "Wow, I didn't recognize you. You're far better looking than you were before!"

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                Oh, I'm sure we'll have tags. I'll then be able to practice my awesome ability to bull**** on the fly w/o saying "I don't know who the **** you are."
                Yeah, but are you going to recall things other than names to talk about, or are you going to spend $130 to spout bull**** at strangers all night?
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

If it didn't cost you $130 I might say do it. Otherwise I have to ask do you really want to see any of them??
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Go, it'd be fun.

I wish my school had a 5 year reunion. I totally would have gone to it. It'd just be interesting to see what everyone is up to now. Who is married, who is gay, who is homeless, who is a millionaire, all sorts of cool stuff. I guess I'll have to wait till the 10 year.

Unless they just didn't invite me....
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Reunions seem to have 3 groups:

1) People who high school was the highlight of their life and they want to reconnect with their old pals

2) People that hated high school and want to come back to "prove" to everybody how great they are by proving they are better than people they hold a grudge against.

3) People who were apathetic to the situation and really don't have any feelings either way

I'd say don't go. Sounds like a waste of your time. You sound like you're in group #3.

I agree with the person that said they keep in touch with all the people from high school they really care about.

Take your family to Atlanta some other weekend and do something else. Besides, it's hot as hell there right now.
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Go.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Never go back to your youth.
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Why bother? You can bull**** people you don't know right where you live, or visit Atlanta and visit other friends there for far less. It doesn't sound like there are many positives associated with going.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Pretend your some internet mogul whose made millions. Make the girls who were "too good for you" jealous. Probably still working at Denny's and knocked up with 3 kids with their jock husband whose working at Home Depot with his now beer gut and messed up trailer house.
                              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                              *****Citizen of the Hive****
                              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X