• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What circle of Hades is this?

91 degrees F (33 degrees C)
    Feels like 100 degrees F (38 degrees C)
    54% humidity
    71 degrees F dewpoint (22 degrees C)

Just your normal late July day in Washington. Walk a couple of blocks and you're soaked.

I admit that I'm a wimp.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

It's been like that for a couple weeks here.

90 degrees F (32 degrees C)
    Feels like 108 degrees F (42 degrees C)
    56% humidity
    73 degrees F dewpoint (23 degrees C)

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Ha!

Thats nothing. Right now its 31C, feels like 43C and 66% humidity. Tomorrow the humidity will be in the 80s and 90s.

And this is Canada!

Comment

Heaven forbid you find yourself in a bad climate.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I have a right to complain about the weather, damnit!
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Exactly the same in Toronto.

34 degrees C
            Feels like 43 degrees C
            47% humidity

I spent my lunchbreak outside reading. I like the sun, but having beads of sweat roll down my arms from my generously anti-perspiranted armpits worries me a bit.
            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Haha, Ottawa still beats everyone.

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yesterday it was 90 degrees here in Portland. It felt like what 80 degrees feels like on the East Coast.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Privatize weather - invest in air conditioning.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Re: What circle of Hades is this?

Originally posted by DanS
                      91 degrees F (33 degrees C)
                      Feels like 100 degrees F (38 degrees C)
                      54% humidity
                      71 degrees F dewpoint (22 degrees C)

Just your normal late July day in Washington. Walk a couple of blocks and you're soaked.

I admit that I'm a wimp.
                      That's the "May in Georgia" circle of Hell.

Wimp.

Comment

I wish we had 54% humidity.

Temperature means ****. I can take 42 degrees no sweat ( literally), as long as it's nice and dry, and I am properly hydrated. This sort of weather here today made me beg for mercy at 33 ( and around 80% humidity)
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                          I wish we had 54% humidity.

Temperature means ****. I can take 42 degrees no sweat ( literally), as long as it's nice and dry, and I am properly hydrated. This sort of weather here today made me beg for mercy at 33 ( and around 80% humidity)
                          Seconded.

The humidity here has been in the 70-80% range for over a week now.
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Re: Re: What circle of Hades is this?

Originally posted by JohnT
                            That's the "May in Georgia" circle of Hell.

Wimp.
                            Even though I readily admit that I am a weather wimp, I note that Atlanta's average temperature at this time of the year is only 1 degree Farenheit higher than Washington's.

Comment

Yes, but Atlanta doesn't have the luxury of a mere 54% humidity in July.

Comment

Working...
                              X