• Show
Clear All

creative speakers: china

samsung tft: slovakia! go europe!
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

um MarkG - is that avatar one of the members of Iron Maiden? he looks familiar to me?

Well looking around me i have this list of products:

China = IBM PC, mouse, shorts, TFT, phone
      Indonesia = T-shirt, Sandals
      Thailand = IBM keyboard
      Japan = watch

nothing from europe!

Still i agree with people that in our consumer world, the consumer boycot can have an effect if enough people take it up.
      It will be interesting to see how many dont buy the next gen consoles, as they will most likely all be made in china

I for one wont be getting one, not so much from a politcal stance this time, more that i dont see my gaming fun improving on these systems.
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Why are polytubbies so obsessed with threads about nukes? Is it some sublimation thing?
        Blah

Comment

I think its to do with Civ
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Comment

Yeah, could be I was always reluctant to use them in civ because I hated those polluted squares....
            Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
              Why are polytubbies so obsessed with threads about nukes? Is it some sublimation thing?
              It's the phallic shape of them and the huge firepower
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yeah. Something that many polytubbies seem to lack, since they talk that much about it.......
                Blah

Comment

Although I must say 99 attack really sells them short
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

...as opposed to their own sexual qualities.

One question: can we talk of mutually assured destruction in this case? Is China's nuclear arsenal not largely limited to a few hundred warheads? Maybe after their space mission we should believe that they can produce ICBMs, but how many do they have?

I mean you guys have a 10-1 missile advance as it is. A first strike by the US would stand a damn good chance of catching them with their pants down!

Also, dito VetLegion.

Comment

I think we should all show restraint when it comes to throwing nuclear missiles.

Edit: or even threatening to do so.

Does china have some historic claim over Taiwan, and if there were no large american companies based in Taiwan, would there be such an outcry? having said that i'm sure the well off people that have grown up with the influence from our western culture will not be happy.
                      Last edited by child of Thor; July 15, 2005, 07:54.

Comment

Hey US, if you fire now, you could knock out all of their silos and cities...go on, strike now...
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                          This is a threat of first use of atomic weapons. In other words, if the Chinese attack Tiawan and the US defends Tiawan, they'll nuke us.

I suggest an immediate boycott on all goods manufactured in communist China as a powerful way to show China that the US doesn't put up with threats of genocide against the American people.

I further suggest that the US should encourage Tiawan to declare independance from those nuke mad maniacs, and move a couple of nuke armed carrier groups into position to defend Tiawan.

Further, the US should put feelers out to Russia in an effort to form an an alliance aimed at mutual security in the face of communist Chinese aggression.
                          Hum, I thought the revised US doctrine on WMD is first strike?
                          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                            Hey US, if you fire now, you could knock out all of their silos and cities...go on, strike now...
                            This is my point and it's an option of realism. Shut up you lefty twirp.

Comment

Do the Chinese have 100 nukes capable of hitting us?

For that matter, we'd probably first strike and take out their ICBM's.

Comment

Kuci

PH

Lefties should shut up when it comes to geopolitics.

I like China but it would be in the best interest of the US to strike now. Best interest of the world to strike when Ecthy is staying there in August.

Comment

Working...
                                X