China threatens to nuke hundreds of cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GePap
    What is sad is that any of you think the US can actually strategically threaten China in this situation. Its does show an utter and complete lack of reason or cognitive capabilities.
    Really? Let me ask you another question, can China strategically threaten the United States? Perhaps you will argue that the US needs the Chinese trade, but I think most of us here are well aware that the Chinese are more dependent on us than we Americans of them...

Bottom line, the United States has the upper hand, clearly, both militarily, economically, and diplomatically...

You think that it would be hard to convince Americans that "China is teh evil"? Do you recall the American attitudes towards the soviet communists? Never mind that China is opening its markets, never mind that Communism is slowly peeling away...

All you have to do is tell Americans that China has seriously threatend them...not some crackpot general's remarks, but real, public threats...and Americans will seek the blood of yet another "communist" regime, even if it isn't really communist...

And a further note, I don't believe any one here said the US could get away with attacking china first...it would seem this thread is more about China attacking first or threatening first, hence the name of the thread...

Comment

• Posted this a while ago in some other most likely similar thread, enjoy.
      Chinese Map of World
      Attached Files
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by Tingkai
        Is that risk worth declaring Taiwan official independent, as oppose to its de factor independence?
        Dunno, ask the leadership of the PRC why they are pushing the military bluff over the issue.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancer
          It all starts with independance for Tiawan, the rest of China will join Tiawan in time, not the other way around.

Play China's bluff.

No more Munichs!
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joseph
            You mean the Dutch. The first European country to find Taiwan.
            Oops sorry. Portugese first "discovered" Taiwan but Dutch occupied it.

I think I was thinking of Macau.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I wonder what people would think if some American general, just about at retirement, was speaking at some function where the press were present and mentioned that given the probability of Chinese reactions to American efforts to defend Taiwan, the US might have to regard any attack on Taiwan as an attack on the United States and that a nuclear first strike would be an option should the United States be attacked.

I wonder if GePap would react calmly to that.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by Whoha
                It suffers a little pain now as compared with a great deal of pain later. The giant trade deficit liquidity trap being eliminated would offset to some degree the loss of government spending however.
                A little pain?

Try major economic crisis. The US economy is so fragile it's already on the brink. It's not a question of if there will be a crisis, but when.

Besides which, American consumers are not about to give up buying crappy plastic gadgets they don't need.

And corporate America won't be willing to give up on a major source of profits.

Washington can't afford to alienate its major lender.

The U.S. can do nothing about China in terms of trade because China has the U.S. by the balls.
                Golfing since 67

Comment

• The US needs to become self-sufficient.

Seriously though, why does the US hold such value with Taiwan? Yeah, it's a democratic nation. I've stated in an earlier thread on my views so I won't pollute this thread with them.

I mean, seriously, why? Why does the US hold such value in Taiwan? Bases, don't we have enough in Japan?

Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                  Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                  *****Citizen of the Hive****
                  "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

• Democracy isn't enough?

What do you value more?
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by Frankychan
                      The US needs to become self-sufficient.

Seriously though, why does the US hold such value with Taiwan? Yeah, it's a democratic nation. I've stated in an earlier thread on my views so I won't pollute this thread with them.

I mean, seriously, why? Why does the US hold such value in Taiwan? Bases, don't we have enough in Japan?

By making a stand with Tawain, it increases the average **** size for Americans who have small ****s.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frankychan
                        The US needs to become self-sufficient.

Historical reasons. Political silliness. Strategic opportunism.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                          Democracy isn't enough?

What do you value more?
                          So you're telling me if some African democratic nation was invaded by a Communist regime or whatever that the US would step in? I dunno about that...

So...if the shiznit hit the fan in Asia, we'd risk potential war (maybe even going nuclear) because it's "strategic"? WTF? I don't think so. With the war in Afghanistan, Iraq, and terrorists in general...the US is going to risk another conflict in China? Isn't that spreading our forces too thin?
                          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                          *****Citizen of the Hive****
                          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

• Washington can't afford to alienate its major lender.

Japan? How is America alienating them?
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• China's foreign reserves, including Hong Kong (now about $833 billion) will overtake Japan's reserves (about $845 billion) within this quarter. Meanwhile, the US gets deeper and deeper in debt.
                              Golfing since 67

Comment

• So China isn't America's major lender then. Thought so...

edit: It's not even close.

Last edited by Drake Tungsten; July 17, 2005, 06:25.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X