No announcement yet.

China threatens to nuke hundreds of cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see Germans have still not learnt the art of sarcasm yet So it is perfectly acceptable to kill millions of people, probably hundreds of millions?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

children - scary thing is the pentagon/whitehouse is run by them
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
        This is a threat of first use of atomic weapons. In other words, if the Chinese attack Tiawan and the US defends Tiawan, they'll nuke us.
        No, the general was saying that if the U.S. started bombing Chinese cities, China would not be able to stop the attack by conventional means so the only option would be to strike first with nukes.

BUT, China has a specific policy not to be the first to use nukes.

Originally posted by Lancer
        I suggest an immediate boycott on all goods manufactured in communist China

If you do that the American economy will tank because China will stop financing the U.S. government deficit. Inflation will shoot up. Interest rates will climb.

Basically, China has the U.S. by the balls right now.
        Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai

No, the general was saying that if the U.S. started bombing Chinese cities, China would not be able to stop the attack by conventional means so the only option would be to strike first with nukes.

If you do that the American economy will tank because China will stop financing the U.S. government deficit. Inflation will shoot up. Interest rates will climb.

“If the Americans draw their missiles and position-guided ammunition on to the target zone on China's territory, I think we will have to respond with nuclear weapons,†said General Zhu Chenghu.

Gen Zhu was speaking at a function for foreign journalists organised, in part, by the Chinese government. He added that China's definition of its territory included warships and aircraft.
          His definition of Chinese territory is a bit broad, don't you think? Essentially he is saying that if China wants Taiwan and the U.S. intervenes without attacking mainland China, that would be cause for using nuclear weapons.
          If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Hum, aren't US ships considered US territory? I've only watched JAG, so I'm not too sure... (And never much payed attention to anything else than Sarah MacKenzie, anyways....)
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Ok so we have Armagedon - then what? The world will be ruled by Chinese cockroaches - the usa(+west) cant win this end game........
              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Comment

Wrong, he says that if the U.S. intervenes when PRC decides to finally destroy the democracy on Taiwan that the PRC's only chance is to mutally destroy the U.S. A crude bluff, only surpassed by your crude attempt to make it seem perfectly normal and harmless.
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

i dont remember which thread but i read on poly an article that china only has 12 - 24 ICBM capable of attack the US and the warheads + fuel arent even in the same place as the rocket it self...they do have a lot of smaller rockets capable of getting to india, japan, z korea, etc etc. but not the US...this seems like a big bluff
                  Bunnies!
                  Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                  God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                  'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
                    um MarkG - is that avatar one of the members of Iron Maiden? he looks familiar to me?
                    axel of guns n' roses
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                      axel of guns n' roses
                      doh! of course a young axel rose, but definately him.

Comment

2nd question is why??
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                          we would run out of goods if we boycotted china.
                          No.

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                          Sanctions on China will only work if the Euros and Japan go along with them. Good luck with that.
                          The Europeans would immediately follow suit. they are beginning to become worried about Their trade deficit with China. Japan still has a decision to make though.

Comment

That is not yet the case. If things continue on it will be, but right now it just means pissing everyone off by cutting non-discretionary spending by a 3rd to a half.

Comment

The Europeans would immediately follow suit. they are beginning to become worried about Their trade deficit with China.

They wouldn't have a trade deficit anymore if they could provide the exports no longer provided to China by the US...
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

They run a substantial trade surplus with us that more then covers for their deficit with China for the time being.

Comment

Working...
                                X