reign of Daimyo Nunn the second

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reign of Daimyo Nunn the second

Please move sugestions for this term from the previous govt thread to this one.

My first plan is to fire the entertainers and implement (or increase) the luxary tax.

My second plan is to veto the catapults and settlers in favor of other units. (Either swords or cheapest ones as MPs)

I'll keep my eye on the diplomatic front and will try to take another city or two from the Matsunaga without risking our cities falling to other players. But even if the war goes extremely well, the Matsunaga would still be left with one city so they can give us their techs.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

I think it is a good idea to close one front of war and fight with only one enemy

Comment

But we are only actually fighting one enemy.
      Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

I thought the orange guys have declared war on us

I should really find and download the game

Comment

Not sure of the colors right now.

Yes. We are technically at war with two neighboring civs. I have only seen one actually one on the battlefield.
          Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

I have no intention of making offensive actions against the other civ were at war during the remaining war against the Matsunaga.
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Downloaded the turn.

Changed several builds. Noticed we had Bushi being used as MP and so most of the changes are to Stone Crowbows to free up the Bushi for offensive actions.

Blocked a tile I really don't want to risk there being a landing on next turn.

I noticed that taxmen would be sufficent for happiness in two cities and one of the entertainers wasn't needed at all and so am not implementing the luxary tax.

I still need to micromanage the work force and check diplomacy for map trades. We can easily make 10 gold a turn just reselling our territory map to all players we're at peace with every turn.

Hint for next shogun: slaves work better in pairs and sets of three than all by their lonesomes. 2 slaves = 1 normal worker. 3 slaves = 1 industrious worker.

Anticipate that the Urak will invade our terriory next turn. But I think I can take the Matsunaga city our forces are next door from first. They will currently give Horse Riding + WM + all their treasury for peace. Both cities are "doughtful" = can't be done.
              Templar Science Minister

Comment

Good work Jon
                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Re: reign of Daimyo Nunn the second

Originally posted by joncnunn

But even if the war goes extremely well, the Matsunaga would still be left with one city so they can give us their techs.

such a nice strategy

great work

I still need to micromanage the work force and check diplomacy for map trades. We can easily make 10 gold a turn just reselling our territory map to all players we're at peace with every turn.
                  thank you for being on our side
                  anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Word in from Daimyo Nunn

Highlights:

A previous player has lost our Shogun.
                    A previous player has spread our slaves all over roading indivudally so it will
                    take forever to get them back and arranged efficently.

Captured the Mastaugna city by the sea but had to abandon it the next turn.
                    (All 5 resitors, none converted the following turn -> extreme high risk of
                    cultural flip)

A gem city founded.

Aquired 6 techs. (Horseback Riding & Fedualism with GPT deals, the four entry
                    techs to the second era as part of a cease fire from the Mastauga.

Now in anarchy. Two turns remain in my reign.
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Well we have lost our Shogun

This is interesting, as I do not recall that we can get another...
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

this is a shame...

Comment

Re: Word in from Daimyo Nunn

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                          A previous player has spread our slaves all over roading indivudally so it will take forever to get them back and arranged efficently.
                          Technically, the spereading is more efficient than teaming them together. We should make teams that follow them and improve the Roaded tiles.
                          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Found a work around; apprently netscape at the library will display the php files. (Virtually the entire apolyton site) It's just IE at the libary that wants to save them and doesn't give the option of viewing them directly. I don't experence this problem on my own notebook.

Nothing of major interest occured the last two turns.

Save and map to follow Sunday.

Modo44, most of the tiles being roaded are extreme low priority to be worked. (Hills with no bonus)

We can't build a replacement shogun.

I have several workers actively roading the gems on mountain.

I''m nowhere near completing the relocating of our forces west to fight the Urak. They will now sign a striaght peace deal, but won't yet relinigh any techs. They have one of the two closest sources of horses. The Oda have the other in their city that's cut off from the rest of their empire.

All the city builds need looked at in light that I didn't feel like changing them given that I drew seven turns anarchy from the revolution the same turn we aquired 5 techs. (Fedualism in a GPT deal, all four entry second level techs from the Matsunaga in exchange for a 20 turn ceasefire.) They also handed over their map, it was about 20 gold short of the best known map and so directly only neted 30 gold, but buying everyone who had better maps and reselling that afterwords neted another 60 gold that turn. Another 20 something gold was made on map sales the last two turns of my reign. In contrast, I only got about 20 gold reselling our territory map to everyone willing to pay for it each turn in the first 4 turns of my reign.

Long term:

Pure science structures : useless. We'll be buying techs and using the pointy stick to aquire them the rest of the game.

The only reason we aren't going to lose the race to Alpha Centari is that space ship victory is diabled.

There's nothing we can do if the AI actually decides to hold a vote for War Council. We can only hope the AIs get into wars with lots of civs.

Stone Crossbows are probably the only unit really worth building at the moment. Mostly because they can be upgraded when we aquire the "way of the bow" tech which we have the prereq for.
                            Templar Science Minister

Comment

The next person should probably also change the Temple build in the capital to something more useful, maybe that building that acts like a factory? (Other choice that looks worthwhile is a settler)

And note that as long as our culture is virtually non existant, we have no choice but to raize any cities we capture and replace. Resistors can't be starved.
                              Templar Science Minister

Comment

Working...
                              X