Too exciting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vince278

I wanted to learn ages ago but my old group refused to teach me. I heard that everytime they tried to play fights would break out.
    I had similar experiences with "Republic of Rome". A game where you have to trust the other players as not to get beaten by the game. Needless to say we got our asses handed to us every time...
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Xorbon
      Maybe at some point, but not now. I've never played anything through e-mail. How do you determine the die rolls?

Player 1: "I just just rolled all 6's again!"
      Player 2: "Hey! So did I! What are the odds that we'd roll three hundred 6's in a row?"

you don't want to do that for axis and allies

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
        you don't want to do that for axis and allies
        What? Roll all 6's? Good point!

It would be good in Risk though.
        "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

omfffg!!! #!%~ !!

you played diplomacy?!!

i absolutely loved that game. the back-room deals, the double-crosses. the wounded squeals of the innocent.

ahhh, it was a time of heroes and villians,..
          I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
            I heard that everytime they tried to play fights would break out.
            yes, Yes, YES

I wanted to learn ages ago but my old group refused to teach me.
            anytime you feel like some lessons, you can look me up in the nearest

theocratic police state!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
              My excitement for large bug is limited. I love squashing, for at least 6 months, maybe a year and will gladly play it when it comes out.

I can say I ate worms, ait it anxiously.

But I favor some heavy balancing in payment. and Civ4 it is free. I would gladly overdevelop for a gamely bug.

that aw't? do be
              no. porridge is far more corrosive. i assure you

Comment

Originally posted by Xorbon
                What? Roll all 6's? Good point!

It would be good in Risk though.
                I knew someone who played boardgames through the mail back in the 70's. For die rolls they used a random number derived from stock quotes listed in the newspaper (though the exact mechanics elude me at the moment).
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                X