Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free as in free speech , not as in free beer . . . . ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free as in free speech , not as in free beer . . . . ?

Link to Free Beer Site

There is an English section .

In brief , a bunch of students took a classic beer recipe , modified it , and let the recipe out under a creative commons licence . So now you have Free Beer , in the tradition of Free Software . I don't know what to really make of this , but on the whole , this strikes me as a good thing .
    Last edited by aneeshm; July 2, 2005, 14:55.

No beer in the download area
    Blah

Comment

Free Nelson Mandela! Although to be fair, I've never attempted to pay for him
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I saw this story a ways back... and there might have even been a thread on it...

And I would have to agree... it is a good thing
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well I suppose there is a distinct inconvenience aspect on brewing your own beer, resource and time wise though
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Most of my Canadian buddies brew their own beer. Which in most cases, is a real good thing, because it's really tasty. On the other hand, one of my friends brews awful tasting crap, and I hate going up to see him, because he is so proud of his beer, and I have to drink some to keep him happy
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Remember Eurovision 2003, god we had to put up with some right nasty homebrew...it was black and was revolting..I had to nip to the offy to get a box of wine
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Box of wine? You're such a bloke
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

I know I am. Thanks for the comment.

Hey Mingo, your daughters been trying out the short skirts yet?
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Yes, there was another thread - but I can never get the damn search function to work properly.
                    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Yeah, there were one made by me, but you lazy bastards didn't post enough so it dissapeared in the springclean
                      Last edited by BlackCat; July 2, 2005, 11:29.
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Post the links again - I'll try to keep it bumped.
                        The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                        And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                        Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                        Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Just bump this thread - it was the same site as aneeshm has found. Just wonders how he found a primarily danish site - maybe he got thirsty and looked for some free beer
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Well, then I'll rely on my old standby - puns.

Let's keep this thread a-hoppin. (you'll have to post Danish puns to utterly mystify me)

Comment

Ok, here is one :

When does danish elevators say "I fart" ?

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X