Civilization III-IV / Oligarchy Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization III-IV / Oligarchy Game

This is a message board dedicated towards Civilization III and future CIV discussion. We are a fairly active site, and we are also currently running the Oligarchy Game which is a different version of the Democracy Game concept used on sites such as 1BC, and are well into 1780 AD in the game. All are welcome to join the boards for Civilization discussion, and once registered on the boards, free to join the OGame.

The 1BigCommunity Democracy II is also running here
    Last edited by Bismarck2990; July 11, 2005, 16:10.
    1BC DGame: Judge
    Noitazilivic DGame: Judge
    Apolyton FGame: Citizen
    CDG DGame: Citizen

Link Update:

www.civilized.invisionzone.com

Comment

1BigCommunity Democracy Game Update

Originally Posted by vonClausewitz, Jun 30 2005, 08:59 PM @ Civilized

The system of government that we were using proved to be broken by design. The way to fix it was a complete change.

Gone is the Senate, gone is the President as we know, gone is the Supreme Court as we know it. Gone is the Constitution as we know it.

There is a new Constitution.

To replace the President, we will now have a Czar who is responsible for playing the turns and reporting what has happened.

To replace the Senate we now have Governors. Each Governor will be indepently elected and they will be responsible for a region of the nation known as a Republic. The Governor will control the production of the cities, the improvement of the land, and control of the units that the Republic produces. Governors can form a government for thier Republic with whatever positions they wish.

To replace the Supreme Court we now have a single Judge.

All terms for all positions will last for 1 month, rather then 4 weeks here and 6 weeks there and so on.

The Czar has the additional responsibility to appoint vacant positions for the Governors and Judge. The Czar also appoints citizens to the Executive Council. The Executive Council is made of three positions - Viceroy, Field Marshal, and Diplomat. The Viceroy controls the Capitol City, the treasury and the tax/science/luxury slider. The Field Marshal controls the national military and coordinates the military of the Republics. The Diplomat is responsible for international relations, trades and treaties.

We are expanding the government, while reducing the minimum number of citizens required at the same time. We are reducing the level of responsibility of any one citizen and spreading it out more evenly. We are introducing a concept that should raise the level of fun to unheard of levels - interregional trade.

Yes Republics can trade everything from units, to workers, to settlers, to cities, to political favors.

Currently, the game is waiting on elections for the new government positions. More specifically the timing of those elections.
      The 1BigCommunity Democracy Game to resume August 1st

DGame Continues - August 1st Announcement ends 2nd August 2005 @ Civilized

The 1BC DGame now at Civilized will restart the government on August 1st.

The election cycle will begin on the 24th of July with the opening of Nominations and Debates (campaigns) for the positions of Czar, Governor Republic 1, Governor Republic 2, Governor Republic 3, and Justice of the High Court.

The Citizen Life section is in full operation now.

Comment

1BigCommunity Democracy Game II: State of the Union 30 AD
        Civilized Online Community

Originally Posted by Mr. G

Good evening, gentlemen.

Sorry about not giving the play-by-play, I thought I'd just get the point; Our nation does well. Libraries have been constructed throughout the land, spreading word of our cultural dominance throughout the lands of Pechenya. Russian workers have improved the countryside to make possible a better life for the city dwellers. Our military grows as well, with new veteran infantry units equipped with superior 'medieval' weapons being produced. We have expanded by three cities, Grishnakia, Historia, and Magadan. However, our scientists and philosphers are struggling with the concept of a supreme God ruling all. This would open up possibilities for grand cathedrals in the Russian Nation.

Regarding the military; I decided to follow the advice of my General of the Army and upgrade all swordsman instead of the warriors or a combination of warriors/swordsman. It's what he's paid for and no one else seemed too eager to obtain a generalship position (and HD was the only one to post in the War Room--I'm talking to you Grish! ). He even carries around the five-star insignia. Also, the CSS Standart was hacked apart to help build the Glaazport Library. Similarly, the Local Union 214 decided to disband and help various city projects throughout the Motherland.

Some things to take note of:
        190 BC - Our people clamour for a Forbidden Palace
        Other civilizations are starting to build Great Libraries and Great Walls. In fact, most every nation is attempting at least one Wonder.
        150 BC - It looks as if the Mayans are going to capture that iron before the Aztecs do. They will take a while hooking it up and upgrading their military but that still is not a good thing for a campaign against them. I have fortified the Bulgar Mercenaries on the iron source until they tell us to leave.

There were no production orders for the new cities built this session. I used this fact to get my two catapults built. Grishnakia's and Historia's production are currently set on workers, while Magadan is set on warrior for the time being.
        Kieven and Glaazport Workers need some names. I also left Magadan on the default name. You guys can be creative.
        110 BC

Save located @ Civilized

30 BC - The Mayans have placed a city near the iron and will undoubtably get it. The Mercs are still there but the Mayans don't look too happy about it.

Presently, it is the dawn of a new age, anno domini. That's right, we have broke out of the BCs and into the ADs, baby! It not only for this reason did I decide to stop my session. It was also because I feel we cannot wait too much longer to move against the Mayans. IMHO, the threat of them obtaining pikeman and medieval infantry is a good enough for me, especially because there was talk of them being a possible target before. Also, this may be the opportunity to consider vC's constitution. That is something the Community must decide, however.

G

Comment

Working...
        X