Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread that mentions abortion and stem cell research

I got a good question:

How can you be FOR abortion and/or stem cell research and be AGAINST eating (chicken) eggs?
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

why not?

Comment

Maybe you don't like the taste of eggs?
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Where's the good question?

Comment

I can think of many reasons. My favourite is that teenager girls are not kept in warehouses with no room to move with the sole intention of impregnating them and then aborting the foetus.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

People who oppose the consumption of chicken eggs are evil.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

My favourite is that teenager girls are not kept in warehouses with no room to move with the sole intention of impregnating them and then aborting the foetus.
              It makes sense to me. If you are against cruelty to animals, you should also be against cruelty to people, but sadly that isn't always the case.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

First of all you are comparing apples to oranges. Most folks that eat eggs do not eat the eggs that have been fertilized. so therefore its not a living growing thing. So to argue ur point ben ud have to prove the egg is living and growing if not its not cruelty to an animal. The only way ur argument would work is if you happen to crack the egg and u notice it had been fertilized then proceed to eat it and i am not one to do that. As for stem cell research idont see how it can be associated with cruelty. There are many ways to get these cells just not through abortion. These may also be obtained from misscarriages.
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Actually, you are very true, I am comparing two different things. It's an argument from lesser to greater. If the egg, which is not a living, growing thing, is not to be destroyed, than what sense does it make to say that a living and growing thing, ought to be killed? It makes no sense.

One would think, that if one wishes to preserve a non-living thing, such as an unfertilised egg, that one would also wish to preserve a living thing, such as an unborn child.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Are we running out of topics for new threads?
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

well if you ask me it a choice a person makes. comparing dietary habits doesnt seem to be remotely on the same page as abortion. The only thing they have in common is they are a personal choice. And if you notice i said you cant have cruelty to an animal if it is never going to result in a animal
                      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X