Great, nostalgic game music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great, nostalgic game music?

I'm looking for great computer game music... Which games' music/sound has made a lasting impact on you?

I really like the two (too me) sad main themes in MOO2... What else can be worth checking out?

Carolus

The music from Monkey Island is well worth listening too.
    Command and Conquer still graces my playlist.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

C&C has some great music
      What type of idiot quotes himself
      -paramir

Comment

Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

nice songs ludd
          What type of idiot quotes himself
          -paramir

Comment

It would be more helpful for people making a decision on whether or not to download those songs if they were labelled. What game, what song...?
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Baldur's Gate 2

Civ2

Civ3 (yes even the modern age)

Comment

BG2 has awesome music. I can't hear it without being right THERE in Amn for the first time again.
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

CTP2 - put the disk in a normal cd player and skip track1 which is computer program related, all the other tracks are very ambient and excellent.
                  Because of a bug in the game - the music in-game loops the same track over and over, so this is one way i like to listen to all the excellent tracks.

EU2 has some great classical and medieval tracks on it(over an hours worth!), i put them in a playlist and run it on the desktop when i want to feel cultured

Shogun/Medieval total war(probably Rome too) - again i mix some of these tracks into the EU2 playlist to add a bit of variation.
                  'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                    It would be more helpful for people making a decision on whether or not to download those songs if they were labelled. What game, what song...?

The first four are remixes from Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger, the fifth is "Battle Theme" by the Black Mages.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I loved the soundtracks of the Ultima series, especially VI and bot parts of VII. Despite being only MIDI quality, they fit very well in the ambiente of the game.

Comment

Best ever are (in this order) Colonisation, Settlers, and Monkey Island.

Comment

EU2
                          Rome: Total War
                          Civilization for Windows
                          Civ2
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I don't really see how anything relating to EU2 and the total war games could be considered nostalgic.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

This song, while being a remix from a game I've never played (Robocop for the gameboy) is basically the epitome of old video game music for me.

I mean, when there's only four notes it's not like it really matters what game it's from.

When you think how people where brought up listening to this kind of music and playing games where you have to obsesively collect things ang what not... it's no wonder that so many gamers have OCD.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                              X