Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Game Is Over - Should We Open Our Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Game Is Over - Should We Open Our Forum?

Per the latest posts in the main forum, GoWND has beaten GS. I'm all for ending the game right now since there is no point to continuing it.

The question has come up whether the teams will open their forums to public view. I personally have no problem with it, but the rest of you should comment before I tell the rest of the teams that we will do so.

Thoughts?

Oh, and it's been fun being part of Vox Controli. I wish I had been involved before the GS war, but I've had fun with what I've done as leader of Vox since the move.

While I grew tired of "playing it out" recently I still overall enjoyed my experience as turnplayer and getting to know some of you better.

If the thought is to create another Vox for the inevitable Civ4 Democracy Game then I'm all for it.

Comment

I am for a Civ4 Vox...

so starting in a few months

I am also ok with opening up our forum (is there something I can do?)

I am always someone with hope, so if there is any way we can drive a wedge between GoW/ND I would be for it

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Sure, I say open up the forum

Comment

to opening the fora.

Thanks for letting me read and occasionally comment on the action It was quite interesting, especially right before the Lego war. Too bad the Bobian forces won out AGAIN ...

Rhoth, thanks especially for playing the end-turns. I know how boring it can be
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

And now...only from the mind of MZ

Well, ND and GoW have been discussing the issue of who will actually trigger victory and well, we've reached a conclusion which we believe you'll like..

We're going to vote for VOX. Yep, you heard me, we feel it is the most egalitarian way to share our triumph as well as it will really mess with certain people's heads. We're still discussing the issue but I don't see any arguments against it, I'll tell you the results of our poll once it is over but it seems ND has already agreed.

Of course you do have to do something: get 25% of land or population so you can be on the ballot. Please load this save in C3C to see how much you need. Remember, we still owe you Wittlich City and Elipolis (we'll hand over Elipolis next turn and Wittlich one or two later). Plus you still have some space in former Legoland to fill up. But if you're still short of the 25% needed, GoW and ND will gift you the difference.

Get back to me on this.

-MZ
            And my response...

Heh, now that’s funny. Okay, I’ll bite. That will definitely mess with people.

We have currently 17% land and 16% pop so we’ll need to go higher. I’ll put my cities on full growth, but we’ll probably need some gifting.

Rhoth

Does this just beat all or what???

Comment

Simply amazing....
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

As in ...wow.

I understand GOW and ND doing this, given the heat they are taking for the 'allaince win', and therefore I think this is equally 'cheesy', as much as I am tickled with Vox technically winning the game.

I think Vox winning is better for civ demo games, although I would still like to see ND and GoW duke it out.... (and then we waltz in and declare victory )
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
                  although I would still like to see ND and GoW duke it out.... (and then we waltz in and declare victory )
                  This is what I would prefer also...

But I am glad that both the remaining civs in the game like us.

Jon Miller
                  (likely ocurance would be one or the other would win, and then we would take the last survivor prize...)
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Me too, but it's not going to happen. So this is a nice second.

Comment

How do we open our forum..?

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I don't have a clue. I had hoped someone would mention it in the main forum.

Comment

I am Ok with opening up the forum. I think only our early stuff will be of any interest.

And as to Vox II, well, I am there.

This is a great team, a relaxed view of demo games, and ever increasing civ skills what with the addition of Rhothaerill and Snoopy. I still see Jon as the team leader.

Only question I have is - in the next game do we want to be Vox Controli or Vox Populi. I still like Controli.
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

yeah..

I am looking forward to Vox 2 as well

I know I learned a lot from this game, and have almost always been entertained by it..

JM
                            Last edited by Jon Miller; June 10, 2005, 22:14.
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                            X