Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the point of getting tattoos, body piercings, and wearing your hair strangly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the point of getting tattoos, body piercings, and wearing your hair strangly...

...if you dont want to be looked at?

Over the past few days there's been a "Womyn's Convention", or as we in the kictchen like to say, "The Good Ladies Convention". Most of the women are freaks to put it bluntly. I have to walk back and forth arcoss the lobby to get from one kitchen to the other and when I pass people I look them in the eye and smile (at work anyway). Some of these women turn thier face away in fear the second our eyes meet. Why? Im not ugly, and note how I said they turned away in fear, not digust.

I think you're lying -- they really did turn away in disgust.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

they're sexually repressed.
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

They don't want a proper job.

Comment

I think next week my hair will be blond. I'm bored of the current red. Oh, must get my henna done as well.

Still debating if I should get a sixth piercing for my bday.
          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Tangentially, what the hell is up with girls who wear low necklines, miniskirts and high-heels, and then get angry if you look at them?
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

You're ugly dude.

Comment

Maybe they're just worried that some creepy dishboy who's always staring at them is going to stalk them and follow them home.
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                  Maybe they're just worried that some creepy dishboy who's always staring at them is going to stalk them and follow them home.
                  Could be.

Comment

To be honest, men intimidate women, most of the time. I went to help volunteer at a women's gathering of some sort back in the early 90's w/ my GF. After a short while there I was told, rather bluntly, that my presence intimidated some of the women and they were worried that the women would not be able to be completely truthful in their feelings. If I would like, I could help with phone calls (away from everyone except one girl who was also on phone duty). I left that place thinking, "Wtf!? If they can't handle me, when I'm on their side, how are they going to handle their abusive husband/bf/whatever?"

Then again, me having long hair with sides shaved, combat boots and leather jacket prolly didn't help either.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Comment

Nothing wrong with tattoos, my back *IS* a tattoo!

Comment

Originally posted by Theben

Then again, me having long hair with sides shaved, combat boots and leather jacket prolly didn't help either.

ding ding ding ding ding
                          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                            To be honest, men intimidate women, most of the time. I went to help volunteer at a women's gathering of some sort back in the early 90's w/ my GF. After a short while there I was told, rather bluntly, that my presence intimidated some of the women and they were worried that the women would not be able to be completely truthful in their feelings. If I would like, I could help with phone calls (away from everyone except one girl who was also on phone duty). I left that place thinking, "Wtf!? If they can't handle me, when I'm on their side, how are they going to handle their abusive husband/bf/whatever?"
                            Gee, I wish I had that problem. Being gay seems to automatically mean "I'm here for you and your problems. Tell me your sob story..." It's not that I don't care, it's that I'm still a guy so I'm really not that interested. Women make everything into a Greek tragedy, so it's a little hard to take them seriously all the time.
                            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Re: Whats the point of getting tattoos, body piercings, and wearing your hair strangly...

Originally posted by Space05us
                              ...if you dont want to be looked at?

Over the past few days there's been a "Womyn's Convention", or as we in the kictchen like to say, "The Good Ladies Convention". Most of the women are freaks to put it bluntly. I have to walk back and forth arcoss the lobby to get from one kitchen to the other and when I pass people I look them in the eye and smile (at work anyway). Some of these women turn thier face away in fear the second our eyes meet. Why? Im not ugly, and note how I said they turned away in fear, not digust.
                              Feminazi convention?

Comment

Working...
                              X