No announcement yet.

SMAniaC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does making a Alpha.txt crawler variant help the AI use them, the way making a probefoil does?
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Mmm, perhaps when the 'chassis' is transfered, or probed.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

dled the latest versian and will post something later on,although im taking a trip down to our regional major city later this afternoon so might not be for awile
        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

btw did you take that nanutube tech name from the nanotube materiel they just made by any chance?

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Nope. What material? Do you have a link?
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

lol you move fast.

Comment

W00t. Cool. This seems also interesting. If the need arises, Nanotubes could be made a prerequisite for one of the genetic techs.

Comment

the know how mil tech dosnt look half as bad as i thought it would i researched renewable energy cause i see it has wealth preqs,which i see still has crawlers and is therefore the only possible tech line...sigh.

at first i run without defenders,but then i find i have to pull a cit up to keep drones happy anyhow.why give a talent if it dosnt seem to do anything? edit-i see now that the +1 talent wasnt a gaian boost but an SE change

i get my ass totaly kicked when MW takes mindustries(i enslaved morgan) and then drones keep my first 2 cities locked down so my first game is a total disaster...the changes as-yet implemented look good so far in concept
                  Last edited by Kataphraktoi; August 19, 2005, 13:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract887
                    the know how mil tech dosnt look half as bad as i thought it would i researched renewable energy cause i see it has wealth preqs,which i see still has crawlers and is therefore the only possible tech line...sigh.
                    What faction are you playing? For the classical builders I'd agree Industrial Automation is still the best b-line. But not for about all factions, unlike in standard SMAC. Eg if I were the Pirates, I'd b-line to Gene Splicing. If I were the Cult or Gaians, b-line to Xenobiology.

I've tried to weaken the Industrial Automation b-line by the following:
                    • move Hab Complex to Ecological Engineering
                    • move the Virto Fertilization Paradise to The Exowomb
                    • All factions now start with the Ruling Elite (pretty much Values SE) 'Technocrat', which gives the boni of Knowledge SE. So the need to b-line towards Wealth/Plutocrat SE is less strong. I've considered also moving Plutocrat elite to another tech, but I can't find another one that fits, and is about the same height in the tech tree.

at first i run without defenders,but then i find i have to pull a cit up to keep drones happy anyhow.why give a talent if it dosnt seem to do anything?
                    I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean.

i get my ass totaly kicked when MW takes mindustries(i enslaved morgan) and then drones keep my first 2 cities locked down
                    Do you have a save game?

Comment

no it was me underestimating the drones that was the prob,i was just mentioning it

the citizen,i meant a worker. like i said i didnt see the +talent,i thought it was a gaian boost edit(again); i just noticed the -2 police on Udemo that clears alot up

its not your fault on the IA weakening,its just so strong that it makes anything overpowered. i play builder so theres really nothing you could do to change me from researching the wealth tech....

.... unless you removed crawlers...although in that case we might as well play civ3.

Comment

the citizen,i meant a worker. like i said i didnt see the +talent,i thought it was a gaian boost
                        Unfortunately Talent SE doesn't show in the SE screen. Check out the modSE.txt for easier reference! Extra talents for democratic politics and empath elite. Talent penalty for free market economies (unemployed).

Thanks for your comments.

Comment

i just noticed the -2 police on Udemo that clears alot up
                          It sucks doesn't it? You could of course b-line to Military Doctrine for easier drone control, but that would mean delay getting crawlers. Choices choices!

Comment

actually i think the wealth placement is fine.tech research is fast enough that i quickly got onto more interesting tech choices(research speed )

im playing as morgan...that -3 support is very crippling and +1 econ just dosnt seem that great with all the econ+ stuff,maybe later ill make a more intersting morgan fac up,i cant see the ai playing with this succesfully at all.im running planetx without any ai boosts,but they seem ok so far.

Comment

im playing as morgan...that -3 support is very crippling
                              Woops. Then the latest uploaded version here isn't the one I'm playing with. I have -2 Support for Morgan these days. But I'll wait with uploading the newest version until I'm done with the graphic stuff, and can present a more complete version.

maybe later ill make a more intersting morgan fac up,
                              I'm not at all a Morgan player, so I have no idea whether they're too weak or strong now. Same with drones. I'm wondering whether I should leave them as is, or give them an extra techspeed penalty to compensate for their huge industry and nodrone benefits.

i cant see the ai playing with this succesfully at all.im running planetx without any ai boosts,but they seem ok so far.
                              Don't expect the AI to behave much better than normal, without any boosts.

Comment

edit; that idea worked but im trashing it for morgans i think.it didnt feel like an high eco fac at all. im just experimenting for now
                                Last edited by Kataphraktoi; August 20, 2005, 08:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X