Clear All

Updated mod files, I meant!
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Is the attachment updated then?
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

The SMAniaC attachment eight posts up contains an updated alphax.txt, modtechtree.jpg, modtech.doc, gaians.txt & fungboy.txt
          I included all the other faction text files as well, so everything necessary to play the mod is in there.

Comment

Oh ok, thanks.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I noticed that when all your citizens are already drones prior to any modifiers, the negative SE Talent factor has no effect anymore. This means that after you cross the second bureaucracy limit (usually 12 bases with standard efficiency), what I thought would be the biggest penalty for private economies is annulled. For that reason I'm thinking about reducing the Talent penalty of private economies to -1 (that way it still has an effect on democratic societies), but adding a -1 support penalty.

Personally in standard SMAC I'm more a planned economics person than a free market economics though. Meaning I'm not the best person to judge whether the current private economics SE effects are balanced. So in case there are any freemarketeers here testing out the mod: what's your attitude about playing under private economics with the current and perhaps soon changed SE effects? Still as good a strategy? Do you adapt your playstyle?

Comment

I noticed that when all your citizens are already drones prior to any modifiers, the negative SE Talent factor has no effect anymore.
                Almost all Talent effects ingame as well as the NODRONE effect are cancelled after you get b-drones (only depends how many - NODRONE is cancelled with first limit and talents with second).

HGP, PK bonus, Clinical Immortality inclusive.

(don't remember about Garden Of Paradise).
                -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                  I was more surprised by the improved Cult performance though. At one point faction Planet Cult-2 was the most powerful faction. Which is even more surprising as I discovered only in MY 2250 I hadn't given them resonance grids like the Gaian factions. So they basically got to their current size without any help or boosts whatsoever! Here's a screenie from 2300:
                  I'm not surprised at all at how well the cult is doing, since you gave them funugs bonuses right? I made a worm faction that had 1/1/1 for fungus, and I when I ran simulations, it would end up kicking the other faction's asses by 2250 because it actually understands how to terraform kind of efficently instead of making 1 farm and 2 solar collecters in its area. A great way to make the game harder is to give the factions bonusses to fungus production

Comment

Originally posted by mart7x5
                    I experimented with extremely cheap suply. Does not work for AI. I try the expensive option. AI likes making crawlers for SP hurrying.
                    Doesn't work with me.

Comment

AI likes making crawlers for SP hurrying.
                      It works with one rule - AIs must have as little left in their imaginary "queue" as possible (under the current tech).

They will mostly favour CPs, SPs and rectanks over crawlers and facilities like Rec comms and some other also seem to be more highly rated by them.
                      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Ahh, and, of course, the military..

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
                          Ahh, and, of course, the military..
                          Ah, there's the big catch.

Comment

Try CTs Solstice challenge Maniac and you'll see AIs cashing things pretty nicely.

Comment

Its nice to see more Moding going on, I will give this one a look and tell you what I think. My own mod has been on hold for the longest time though it is playable it lacks much of its polish and could be improved quite a bit. May I have permishion to incorporate elements of your mod into my own, credit will be given ofcorse?

On a general note the main AI problem I am seeing in my Mod is that the AI builds lots of colony Pods and then runs them around in circles (its not suprising to see 4 or 5 pods at a time) untill they are destroyed by Mind worms or enemy units. This seems to get REALY bad when the AI dosn't have any land left to expand into. Anyone have a idea how this can be handled?
                              Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
                                May I have permishion to incorporate elements of your mod into my own, credit will be given ofcorse?
                                Sure.

Personally I'm not testing the mod anymore. I'll probably get back to it when I'm bored with other stuff I'm doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X