X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And is really ugly.

Comment

Really, really ugly.
      The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Do I smell 'hidden' +1's here?
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

hidden +1's?
          be free

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py

Actually the "looks fine" part is very helpful and was all I was really looking for.
            Then you shouldn't have mentioned gameplay.

And if you had mentioned that 40 posts ago we wouldn't have been forced to make all these posts.

Comment

No DrSpike, you just don't know when to shut up.
              be free

Comment

It's my duty to point out your error.

Comment

screens look pretty good, no matter what people say about gameplay, everyone expects something easily comprehensible and good looking in order to enjoy the game more

they just seems a bit blurry but that could be the jpeg compression
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

well sn00p, i'm more excited about this than civ4. keep up the good work, and if you need any beta testers, let me know
                    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

The desert looks beautiful, although one can't really tell what the tiles are very well, which might be a bit hard to play. You can see the square that the city rests on, but other than that, it's quite good-looking. Easy on the eyes.

Re: the island. The cliffs look a little fuzzy. Fuzzyness is my qualm with the two things in general. Yeah, they do look great, and I'm really excited about this project and wish you well, but they do seem a bit... fuzzy.
                      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                      Drake Tungsten
                      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                      Albert Speer

Comment

Monolith, its fuzzy because of jpeg compression. (About half of original quality).

Also, the cliffs have been re-done since these screenshots, they are very sharp, rocky and merge into the water more realistically. (hills, rather than straight drops, but there are still straight drops aswell of course).

Currently I am redoing the mountains. The will be made more mountain like and slightly larger than they are now. (btw the mountain you see in the desert is actually a hill).

We hope by the end of this month or a week after to have some more to show, and give out some actual gameplay details.
                        be free

Comment

'kay, let's anticipate.
                          He who knows others is wise.
                          He who knows himself is enlightened.
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Gameplay details.

Comment

Cool to hear, sn00py, and that you see where I was coming from. I take terrain graphics quite seriously, and it seems you do too.

Also, I hope to god that you have Stalin as a leader, and that when you sign an alliance with him, he gives you a creepy smile...
                              "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                              Drake Tungsten
                              "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                              Albert Speer

Comment

Snoopy, can you please post game design document somewhere?
                                money sqrt evil;
                                My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Working...
                                X