Question for people who attend(ed) a private/magnet high school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for people who attend(ed) a private/magnet high school

One of my students is applying for a private school in the states and I'm supposed to spend an hour giving in a mock entrance interview.

I went to a good old public school so I have no idea what I'm supposed to ask, what kind of questions usually get asked on this kind of interview?
    Stop Quoting Ben

Presumably something to do with pillowbiting
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Re: Question for people who attend(ed) a private/magnet high school

Originally posted by Bosh
      I went to a good old public school so I have no idea what I'm supposed to ask, what kind of questions usually get asked on this kind of interview?
      Maybe some questions regarding their character, but I'm just guessing.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

IIRC, Wesley goes to a magnet school.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Re: Question for people who attend(ed) a private/magnet high school

Originally posted by Bosh
          One of my students is applying for a private school in the states and I'm supposed to spend an hour giving in a mock entrance interview.

Mine doesn't have interviews, so I can't help you there.

Comment

Originally posted by Az
            IIRC, Wesley goes to a magnet school.
            No, Jag goes to a private school.

Comment

I think they will want to know whether the student has good study habits, punctuality etc.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Yeah, but I'm looking for the more BSing kinds of questions that would trip up a Korean student with less than fluent English.
                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

"So...how 'bout them Yankees?"
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

For we dumb Europeans (that's not all Europeans by the way, just me and er....), can you tell me what a magnet school is?

The traditional questions might include:

"Can Daddy afford the fees?"
                    "If you were to pass my course, then what kind of perks might Daddy be able to line up for me? Free sports tickets? Free use of his private jet? Whatever the Korean equivalent of a knighthood is?"
                    "Would you mind submitting to the unwritten rule that WASP kids with rich dads are clearly better than everyone else, and so are first choice for sports teams and any positions of authority?"

Comment

A school that researches the advance of magnetism of course.

Actually I wondered about this term as well. Likely it's a yuppie term meaning attractive to rich kids...?
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

A school where it is impossible that your brat will get sliced up by gang bangers but may get a wedgie or two from some of the richer kids.
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

"Gang bangers"? Man, I've missed all the best parties in highschool!
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

I went to a private high school, but didn't have an interview. Probably because my mom was a teacher there.

At any rate, I don't think the school conducts interviews with the kids, but just with the parents, and then look at transcripts/records from other schools.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I don't think many school do interviews period

they look at the check.. and maybe transcripts..

Jon Miller
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                              X