Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think fleeing from your countries draft is immoral?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erm, why so?
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Re: Do you think fleeing from your countries draft is immoral?

Originally posted by Vesayen
      If you are in a country and it goes to war and a draft begins....
      one would ask with whom for what and why. but most would just go. it is proven in the past

You are Joe Average Consumer and you are drafted.
      *gah*

The purpose of a state is to uphold the rights of the citizens, if you do not want to go to war, are your rights being trampled?
      what is the state doing? what rights? drampled? by whom? we are at war! I don't believe it!

Is it immoral to flee the country to avoid a draft you do not agree with?
      difficult question and I wouldnt call it immoral anyway. I would call it : is it cowardly

Comment

and there should be a clarification. do you talk about a defensive or offensive war? even though noone would characterise a war as offensive....

Comment

ive got dual citizenship, im working on tri (dont know if its possible, but im gonna try ha ha.) swiss citizens living in switzerland cannot be extradited without their consent.

of course its not immoral to refuse the draft. you dont owe the country ****. without the people, there would be no country. ask not what you can do for your country, but ask what your country can do for you.
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

You country educates you, nurtures you, and protects you. You incur a debt which any moral person would repay and it within the social group's rights to compel repayment.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

che is very correct.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

my country does not educate me - california does. it does protect me. what do I give back in return? i live here, pay fees here, consume resources here, make it the largest economy in the world, and all of us combined make is possible to even have a government and a country.
                "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

what do I give back in return?

...consume resources...

urgh.NSFW

Comment

I will go to var vhen my Kaiser asks me to.

I know no parties - I know Germans only.

Comment

deutchland unteralles

Comment

If the nation is being invaded, it must be examined whether the nation really has a purpose to exist, and whether the nation itself is morally correct enough to defend.
                        thats true too, remember that our founding document states that if our government becomes oppresive we have a right, a duty, to overthrow it.

thats why ive been stockpiling weapons since Jan 2001.

Comment

nice avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                            Yes, it is immoral to enjoy the comforts of safety but to evade your civic duty.
                            Nowhere in the same league, but that's why my wife and I never argue out of jury duty. It's a small price to pay for the benefits we receive for living where we do.

Comment

I will go to var vhen my Kaiser asks me to.

I know no parties - I know Germans only.

Comment

paiktis, what are you talking about? I have no avatar.

Comment

Working...
                                X