Multiplaying LAN Games over the Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplaying LAN Games over the Internet

This info might be useful for people on this website.
    Ive been using Battlelan (Made initially for Starcraft, Warcraft etc) to establish fake 'lan' connection making alot of games
    (some dont work) think theyre Lanned.

I will upload it on my ISP webspace.. I cant guarantee that it will be there forever (As it will be deleted next time i change ISP's) so if anyone likes it or thinks its a good idea you could host it on the Apolyton files section. (You can find it through google as well if nessacary)

Instructions:

Make sure you allow the connection in any firewalls you have. They can block it. I dont have any that block it, but the person i use it with does. Closing his firewall program before opening battlelan works, and opening it again afterward doesnt affect it. (Remember that)

So this is what it looks like.. pretty simple.

Just put the person you want to connect with's IP address in the top box, click 'Add', and the click 'Start'.

You can add multiple IPs (Each person will need everyones IP in the box) for larger games if you want.

(If for some reason you dont know how to get your IP (if your not behind a router, in which case i also dont know) just a simple Start -> run -> cmd and type ipconfig. (for windows obviously)

I find it to be better than using the servers which CTP provides. (It probably works for Civ games too, but i havnt tried)

Anyway hope people find this useful
Working...
X