X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Japanese!

Let's do it!

Douzo kosikakete kudasai!

I want to learn some basic Japanese, I mean start somewhere. As you know, I'm the Japan man, a big fan of the land of the rising... sand.. I mean sun.

I need good websites, and also I need anything that has to do with Japan, its culture, everything.

Show me!

arigato!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Pekka must have taken an interest in tentacles.
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

come on, help a brother out! NOt with the .. tentacle stuff though.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I found this website where you can search for penpals, they have their native language and the language they would like to learn or brush up. I found 39 Japanese who wants to learn Finnish! It's a crazy world.. they don't know what they're getting into.. muhaehahahae..

I should.. I'm tempted.. to .. teach them complete jibberish with bunch of naughty words and obscenity. YOu know, kind of like engrish http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?im...ate=2005-05-06

ps check out the whole site, AWESOME!!

I'd like to turn a new page on phenomenons, Fingrish or something. RAKKAUS LEIPÄKONE AINA HÄNEN!

But.. I wouldn't want to cheat if I had a Japanese penpal, I'd feel bad about it. Besides, then the karma thing would play and I'd be the one learning crap Japanese I'm sure.

But.. I still haven't found good website (FREE!!).

HELP A MAN OUT!!
        I WANT SUPERCITIZEN TO HAVE MILLION JAPANESE FANS! MAKE IT HAPPEN! THEY WAIT FOR ME TO SPEAK!!
        In da butt.

Comment

Actually, Finnish would be easier to learn for a Japanese person than the various Indo-European languages. Some of the grammar is similar between Uralic languages like Finnish and Altaic languages like Japanese.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

This be true.. I know that these Chinese dudes who worked with Finns like a hundred or so years ago in the US.. miners.. the Chinese dudes learned finnish but not english.. Kind of weird, huh?

So Drake, you are Japan man, help me out... I'm really excited and now there's a period of time (summer vacation) I have extra time..
            In da butt.

Comment

Chinese and Finnish aren't really similar at all.

KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Well, but that's the real life story anyway.

Thanks for the website, it better be good or I'll come and eat your breakfast and fart in your sink!
                In da butt.

Comment

oh Drake, do you by any chance speak Japanese?
                  In da butt.

Comment

A little.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

hmm.. ok! Wunderbra..
                      In da butt.

Comment

I already learned, that the Japanese vowels are pronounced like we (in finnish) do. PEACE OF CAKE! Bring it on! It's almost written and pronounced like we do, so I don't need to ... pronounce that differently at all, just read it like I was reading finnish.. kewl. Superior.
                        In da butt.

Comment

omg.. drake, I never knew our asian bros have a language with similar logic. I should have known earlier. This crap is easier to learn than that damn commie english.. wait a year or two, and you'll prolly hear about SuperCitizen in your school.. how cool he is you know.. then you can proudly say you know him.

I don't know about those alphabets though.. I guess I'll skip those for now. Looks confusing and difficult to remember. No logic that I can see.
                          In da butt.

Comment

ok I'll take that back. Now I'm lost. Just .. trying to find similarities first.. ok, it's not the same. DAMN ! My patience will prevail!
                            In da butt.

Comment

The trouble is (and correct me if I'm mistaken, I've only taken Japanese for a few years) that the Japanese language was developed more or less in isolation. Chinese characters were adopted to give it a written form later, but the fact that the language existed as a different spoken tongue for a long time before this means that there isn't really much similarity even with Chinese, despite the use of Chinese characters for kanji.
                              Lime roots and treachery!
                              "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Working...
                              X