X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This won't change anyone's mind....

....but it does have some nice music.

If it's not broke, don't privatise it!
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Snappy.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Loading..... for too long.

Comment

Wouldn't know. I'm sitting securely on my university's broadband connection.
        Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
        -Richard Dawkins

Comment

And I'm on a broadband which never gives me trouble.

Maybe my PATRIOT Filter is blocking it.

Let me see if that website is on Norton FreedomWorks' blocked list.

Comment

Maybe you forgot to hit the start button.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

No, I think the connection just got interrupted, since after opening it again it loaded quickly.

Comment

Slow loading? It loaded faster than most sites
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Which is why something screwed up.

Regardless, this piece of propaganda is a blatant piece of fiction.

Comment

Impressive Do the numbers add up? Is there a cap on social security above $90,000. If so, I'm guessing removing it would go a large part to solving the crisis.
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                      Impressive Do the numbers add up? Is there a cap on social security above $90,000.
                      Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                        Impressive Do the numbers add up? Is there a cap on social security above $90,000. If so, I'm guessing removing it would go a large part to solving the crisis.
                        It would -- but the argument is that SS is supposed to be that you pay for a certain level of benefit. If a CEO pays 5000 for a given benefit level, thats totally fair since everyone else pays the same 5000 for the exact same benefit level. We don't expect a CEO to pay 10 times as much for his big mac do we??

Its the same with unemployment insurance premiums here . . . the premiums are only taken on the first 40K of income. . . Why?? Because if a 90K a year person loses their job, they get the exact same benefits as the person in the 45K a year position. In theory its insurance .. .

The excess income a person earns as compared to another person gets dealt with by the income taxation system which is already somewhat progressive.(I know there are loopholes and sometimes I wonder if flatter taxes with less loopholes would be a way to get the really rich paying fairly but in general I have no problem with progressive taxation). Put more bluntly,if you want the rich to pay more, do it directly by raising their tax rates . . . Don't go hiding it by charging people premiums for benefits you will not give. If you drop the cap on premiums, you should drop it on benefits as well
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                        X