How do I make it?
    Very important for my scenario, please help
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

The solution lies within these two parts, comrade

(1) A standard terrain line in ToT looks like this:

Desert, 1,2, 0,1,0, yes, 1, 5, 5, yes, 1, 5, 3, Pln, no, ; Drt

The important part now is the "no" between the "Pln" and the "Drt" letters. If you change that "no" to "yes" the terrain becomes impassable;

(2) The other important feature is in the "Advanced units fields" (usually this one is at the bottom of the Rules.txt): There are certain flags to be applied for each unit slot - one flag allows that certain unit to "override impassable terrain". This advanced flags section is labeled "G" (General flags).

Hope this was clear enough, otherwise I can only suggest you try the Cradle of Civ - that´s *the* ToT resources top spot on the web

Comment

Heresson,
      Are you working on a new scenario?
      You have made peace with the evil Wheredehekowi tribe-we demand you tell us if they are a tribe that is playing this scenario.
      We also agree not to crush you, if you teach us the tech of warp drive and mental telepathy and give 10 trinkets

Comment

No. Heraclius, as always.
        I need impassable terrain to separate Arabia from the rest for some time; otherwise, the Muslims would jump at Byzantium too soon, before they conquer anything in Arabia.
        Middle East!

Comment

I did what I was told, and then made a belt of the terrain I've chosen to be impassable. It exists, it was visible (after reloading) due to resource on one of the fields, but it doesn't seem to work, the units go through it without any problem.
          Middle East!

Comment

Did you check the Advanced units section too?

Comment

The impassible terrain is only impassible to land units, not to air units. Maybe that's the problem?
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

What he said. Land and air units will enter impassable squares regardless of their @UNITS_ADVANCED settings. They will not, however, attack into impassable terrain unless the appropriate flag is set to 1.
                El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

OK. It was a simple mistake. Well, two. I'm just getting used to using ToT. I mixed some things.
                  I checked myself that changeterraining destroys impassable terrain. That's good.
                  I need to check now if a city built on impassable terrain can be attacked and taken.

I had an idea with city on impassable terrain...
                  Or surrounded by it. In my idea, it'd build air units only and be at war with anyone. It'd be eagle nest in a fantasy scn I was thinking about.
                  Middle East!

Comment

Cities on impassable terrain are invincible to all but those units that can cross that terrain type.

It presents an interesting concept, for some scenarios!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X