Buying my laptop from Asia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying my laptop from Asia?

I might pass by Hong Kong at the end of this summer, and I wondered if there was a big difference in prices or if anyone knew "things to know" about buying in Asia like this. I wonder if it would mean to kiss support goodbye also...

I know someone from Hong Kong who got a 1.3GHz laptop for 2000$ or less... two years ago. I was also said that people from mainland China go to Hong Kong to buy their laptops to get better prices so...

But I checked the IBM ThinkPads on IBM website to compare and... sometimes it seems quite cheaper, sometimes the opposite. I don't get it and I wonder what's that.

Any info appreciated, thanks
    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Re: Buying my laptop from Asia?

Originally posted by Trifna
    I know someone from Hong Kong who got a 1.3GHz laptop for 2000$ or less... two years ago. I was also said that people from mainland China go to Hong Kong to buy their laptops to get better prices so...
    They do it mainly because they wouldn't get fake goods.

The prices aren't bad because we don't have any sales tax, yet. If you want to take a look go to the Mongkok Computer Centre or Wanchai Computer City.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Thanks Urban, it helps

PS: You woulnd't have an English translation eh?
      Last edited by Trifna; April 30, 2005, 12:34.
      Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

$2000 Laptop is very expensive indeed.

Comment

Working...
        X