I'm going to Costa Rica.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to Costa Rica.

At the end of May and there will be 8 of us which are all friends or friends of friends. No tours or anything just us, a large rented SUV (so everyone fits) and a week to do what ever we want. Do any of you have any suggestions as to must see attractions in Costa Rica or have any of you ever been to Costa Rica? I haven't been to central America in seven or eight years so I'm really excited.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Hey, it's one place in S America where Reagan isn't responsible for thousands of deaths.

I'm sure they'll love you. Have a great time and post pics!!!
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
      Hey, it's one place in S America where Reagan isn't responsible for thousands of deaths.
      Yeah, merely hundreds. Recently.

have a good time anyway.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

My wife was down their about 6 months ago on business but I dont think she saw much of the country (so she couldnt provide any info on "sights to see". Friends from Sweden used to go regularly, IIRC the east side was "untouristy" but hard to get to cos at that time the roads were primitive on that side of the mountains (I've seen many pics of totally untouched beaches and beautiful sunsets). The Pacific side is more developed but still very nice, they even have McDonalds for the americans.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

CR is tight. go see the cloud forests and do a canopy tour if possible.
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Re: I'm going to Costa Rica.

Originally posted by Oerdin
            At the end of May and there will be 8 of us which are all friends or friends of friends. No tours or anything just us, a large rented SUV (so everyone fits) and a week to do what ever we want. Do any of you have any suggestions as to must see attractions in Costa Rica or have any of you ever been to Costa Rica? I haven't been to central America in seven or eight years so I'm really excited.
            and you think the rental company will be okay with you taking the vehicle out of the country? You may have to get special insurance.

and don't those mexicans tend to pull you over and ask for "fees"? I'd drive through baja california if it weren't for that.

Comment

and what the hell is there to see in Costa Rica?

Comment

"and don't those mexicans tend to pull you over and ask for "fees"? I'd drive through baja california if it weren't for that."

A friend of mine that drove every winter to Belize told me this is very common. He got to where he drove a junker so he wouldn't be bothered.
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Awhile back, my travel agent was trying to talk me going into going to Coasta Rica because there was a special deal she could get me in on. I didn't actually go, but I looked into the attractions.

IIRC, in the center of the country, there's a really big volcano that lots of people like to go see.

On the southwest coast, there's a large ~ animal preserve? rainforest? ...er some kind of eco-tourism thingie.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

I'm sure they'll love you. Have a great time and post pics!!!
                    You'd sound a lot more intelligent if you knew what continent the country is on...
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

@Aggie

Have a nice time, Oerdin.

I suppose this is as good a place as any to mention I'm going to Greece tomorrow.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

you like it greek style eh?

I've been to Rhodes, Greece. It's alright.

Comment

Not exactly up my alley, Oerdin, but I am sure you people will have lots of fun.

My recommendations:

1) secluded beaches.
                          2) bring protection.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

errr, what kind of protection were you referring to?

Comment

In central america - both kinds.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X