An outrage!! (Canada sucks thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An outrage!! (Canada sucks thread)

OK so my TA and I invigilated the final exam for one of my courses today. To celebrate I thought I'd buy him several beers at the campus pub since he did a really great job (it doesn't matter if the students see me drunk now).

So we go to the pub (no other pubs within walking distance) only to discover that it is not allowed to serve alcohol of any kind for the duration of exams.

WTF!?!?! Is this ****ing Afghanistan?

Who ever heard of such crap? You finish your exam the first thing you want is a glass of foamy ale.

What kind of puritanical bastards deprive stressed out students of the fundamental right to get pissed after their exams?

If this was NZ, the students would have burned down the admin block in retaliation.

Canadian fascists.
    Only feebs vote.

We begin bombing in five minutes.

Comment

Great!!
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Another possible outrage, Agathon...

I changed my sig.

Comment

Alcohol is bad for you. Plus, it tastes like crap.
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

St Leo is a *****.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

alcohol is yummy

I've had 6 beers and am working on a vodka and coke
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Canadians eat babies.

Comment

Canadians eat babies.

In Canada, it is illegal to make such jokes.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

OK so my TA and I invigilated the final exam for one of my courses today. To celebrate I thought I'd buy him several beers at the campus pub since he did a really great job (it doesn't matter if the students see me drunk now).

So we go to the pub (no other pubs within walking distance) only to discover that it is not allowed to serve alcohol of any kind for the duration of exams.

WTF!?!?! Is this ****ing Afghanistan?

Who ever heard of such crap? You finish your exam the first thing you want is a glass of foamy ale.

What kind of puritanical bastards deprive stressed out students of the fundamental right to get pissed after their exams?

If this was NZ, the students would have burned down the admin block in retaliation.

Canadian fascists.

That's not Canada, that's clean and wholesome Ontario. No such nonsense in Quebec.
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

im shocked and awed.
                      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

In Canada, it is illegal to make such jokes.
                        Because it would offend baby eating minorities?

Comment

University of Calgary still serves booze...lots of it...during exams.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

common sense tells me to walk a bit further or drive to another pub.
                            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

So does U of T downtown.

Mississauga sucks. There are no pubs within walking distance of campus.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                              X