No announcement yet.

The Civ 2 Source Code Petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Response from Soren Johnson at Firaxis - 12:30 PM EST, June 2, 2005.

"...Firaxis has zero control over the Civ2 source code. I’m not even sure who owns it right now (probably Atari or Take2)."

Ok, now that it's settled that Firaxis does not control the code I think we should move on to Atari and Take2 as Soren says. I replied to his email and asked if he knows of any contacts I could send the petition to but he has not responded back as of yet.

Comment

good.

We should try with both, although my money goes on Take2 having the rights. BE has posted some contact information on page 2, perhaps we could try with that?
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

If still possible
        write me down

Comment

Crosses fingers !
          Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

please

paiktis22

christos_321 at hotmail.com

Comment

Harry,

Any current news on who owns the source (if it still exists)?
              Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Since Take 2 is supposed to take ownership of the franchise I think that we should wait till July 1st to contact them as that's when they will own any supposed code.

Comment

-This really should be crossposted inthe community section= we should be able to get 1000 people easy!

-DC
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

You can count me in: aeonoftime [at] gmx [dot] net
                    "Give me a soft, green mushroom and I'll rule the world!" - TheArgh
                    "No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy." - Murphy's law
                    Anthéa, 5800 pixel wide extravaganza (french)

Comment

The petition has been sent to 4 people at Take 2, including the PR catch all... waiting for a response...

Comment

*eager*

Great job, Harry!
                        Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

I see you didn't after all take into account the ammendments I suggested to the licensing paragraph, despite you okayed them.
                          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

No, I didn't add them. Some time ago before the forum crash I posted my rational for not including a specific license. As you can see at the end of the original thread the posts stop at 3/8/05. As you can imagine there were quite a few more posts that were in the time period between March and April.

Before Mark redid the forums I had posted a number of the archived petition threads. Now that the forum has been restored those threads have disappeared as there is no more need for them. Unforutnately it seems that about a month is missing.

I'm sorry you didn't read why I didn't settle on a specific license. The reasoning was that no one had a happy medium. More specifically I didn't want to pin our hopes on one license and have the holders of the code torpedo our petition.

So there you have it.

Comment

any news from Take2?

Comment

please add me if possible,

Maximo316

minimus15@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X