Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tanelorn
    Thanks for the Tico, Gareth.
    Assuming you are interested in historical sightseeing (knightly castles, ancient cities) and have a romantically minded other half (butterfly forest?) I d'say Rhodes. The sea is perfect and the nightlife is wild. But it's a bit too popular for my taste. Kos is smaller, even nicer nature-wise but a little less intense and without the sites. Along with Kerkyra, thats where most Britrish go.
    However, in the company of Englishmen and especially women things can get a bit out of hand (then again you probably don't mind, right?)
    I am most likely going to Scopelos, once I arrange my leave.
    Crete is absolutely the best island by far and wide, but you need a car and alots of time because its so big and different. I am Cretan and I haven't been to lots of places...
    I thought you were an Athenian Tim? Must have been wonderful growing up on Crete. Thanks for the island advice - I prefer to steer clear of the Aya Napa Brits abroad mob and I'd like to visit somewhere with a bit more Greek culture. Quieter is definitely better as far as I'm concerned, but the other half is a bit livelier than me so we'll need clubs and decent restaurants. Give me a nice beach dotted with some bars and a few fishing villages and historical sites to visit and I'll be a pig in ****e. Just spare me the p1ssed-up English lads and imatation English pubs
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Say Curt, I'm just curious if you have one or two modern looking infantry unit from that modern day apocalyptic scenario to share with the forum? It might come in handy for afew idea's I have but if you'd like to keep them under raps for now I'd more than understand .

Comment

Love the SAM site, Erika! Good work
        -rmsharpe

Comment

I recolored a few carriers here. Gave them darker decks and some better landing lights.
          Attached Files

Comment

btw, does anyone have an Invincible-class English Helo CV nemo/fairline style?

Comment

Originally posted by Art of War
              I recolored a few carriers here. Gave them darker decks and some better landing lights.
              i love 'em!
              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Would someone be so kind as to take a crack at an A-1 Skyraider? It was designed during WWII and first flew in March of 1945. It was a workhorse of the Korean War and provided torpedo bomber capability and close ground support. It was such a good aircraft that the military actually thought of reopening production in 1966, 9 years after production was ended. In short, it was the predecessor to the A-10 Warthog.

Comment

Your refering to this lovely little bird Harry? Man I'd hate to be whatever target this monster set its sights set on. Is this intended for AE2 Harry? If you don't mind me asking. Aparently it was the only bomber of its era that was capable of delivering 8,000 pounds of bombs with dive-bombing precision.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fairline

I thought you were an Athenian Tim? Must have been wonderful growing up on Crete. Thanks for the island advice - I prefer to steer clear of the Aya Napa Brits abroad mob and I'd like to visit somewhere with a bit more Greek culture. Quieter is definitely better as far as I'm concerned, but the other half is a bit livelier than me so we'll need clubs and decent restaurants. Give me a nice beach dotted with some bars and a few fishing villages and historical sites to visit and I'll be a pig in ****e. Just spare me the p1ssed-up English lads and imatation English pubs

Spend four months in Crete with the army. Can't say i liked it. Heraklion isn't that nice a place and nightlife is a bit limited. Although that impression may have to do with us having to get back to the barracks before 21.45.

I suggest going to Rhodes rather than Kos. An army buddy of mine says it has better beaches and the night life is truly something. Unfortunately you will also get in danger of angering that other half with all those sluty foreign women around.
                    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

• USAF and RN F-35 Joint Strike Fighters.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• And by the way,

THE 100TH POST IS MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am such an anal retentive bugger...

Comment

• Excellent units, Typhoon

Comment

• Have a break from multi-billion dollar military units, with this more local unit, the thug
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Nice stuff everyone.
                              @ÐåñéêëÞ, íïìßæåéò ïôé ïé äéêÝò ìáò ðÜíå ðßóþ;

Anyway, here's a late model Leopard1.
                              Attached Files
                              "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
                              -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
                              "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
                              "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• Ç öýóç ôùí ãõíáéêþí åßíáé äéáöïñåôéêÞ, ãé áõôü. Êáé åóý áí åß÷åò ôï óþìá ôïõò èá åß÷åò êáé Üëëåò ôÜóåéò

(just some useful notes about civ2 unit making there, in code though)

Comment

Working...
                                X