No announcement yet.

Modern Unit Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different 120mm guns on the Chieftain, Challenger and the German one on the Abrams and Leopard 2 to be pedantic, but you're quite right in saying these three 120mm guns were far better that the 125mm on the T-72 and T-80.

More pedantry: the British 105mm used subsequently on the M-60 et al was first used on the Centurion rather than the Chieftain, which had a 120mm. I know, I'm an anorak...
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• my bad. i don't know British tanks that well, i assumed that the Challenger came out around the time they were switching to the 120, and since the Chieftain was the tank it replaced, i assumed it had the 105.

i thought the German 120 was the NATO standard gun?

i guess it really doesn't matter. there's always some major power in NATO that's gotta do their own thing. and i'm not referring to any specific country when i say that, as pretty much all of them have at least one weapon system that's not compatable with the others.

Comment

• Im not sure that i am too keen on multi-signaturing units myself. Although i always state if i took some part out of another unit, even if i edit virtually eveything beyond recognition.
        But imo it isnt that important to state if you have based a unit on someone else's, if it is that different than you cannot guess anything of the kind anyway.
        Ofcourse i would be singing a different tune if someone presented my Zena as theirs!

Comment

• Well, I was bored at lunch today so I made an F9 Panther.
          Attached Files

Comment

• May your lunches continue to bore you!
            El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

• That lovely Panther wouldn't happen to be part of America's response to the Luftwaffe in "Atomic Eagle: The Price of Freedom" would it?

In any case it looks fantastic!

Comment

• Originally posted by varwnos
                Ofcourse i would be singing a different tune if someone presented my Zena as theirs!
                er... you know the Panther was an actual aircraft, right? the world's first carrier based jet aircraft, i believe. maybe just the US' first.

anyhow, i just whipped up this Zena unit today... on her one hand she has caught an eye- yours...

kidding! kidding! it's by Varwnos'!!!
                Attached Files

Comment

• As above- if that Panther is the product of a bored lunch break I can't imagine what you're capable of when serious.

BTW, is your request for the A-1 Skyraider/Hobo/Spad/Firefly/Old Faithful/Sandy/Zorro/Able Dog/Big Gun still outstanding?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by typhoon; August 27, 2005, 08:18.

Comment

• not to be too picky, but i believe "Zorro" was the nickname given to the T-28Ds that they used in 'Nam before trading them in for the Skyraider (which was, of course, much better suited for the task)

those two aircraft are excellent, by the way. they make one of the ugliest aircraft i've ever seen look good (and i'm a guy who thinks the A-10 and F-4 are attractive aircraft)

well done!

Comment

• Excellent, gentlemen

Comment

• Cousarmy

fantasy units are easier to make than aircrafts and tanks. The stuff posted here are trully impressive

Comment

• WOW, thank you Typhoon! I guess my request has been fulfilled! Those two look great. They will definately come in handy for close air support when those damn Nazis invade! I love 'em!

And yes Chris, you're correct, it is for AEII! The Panther was, as I can grasp, the second carrier based jet aircraft for the US. I think the F2 Banshee, which I need to remake from my old one, was the first.

Comment

• Well I think that sandy and panther are both just damn sexy!
                            "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                            "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

• Originally posted by typhoon
                              As above- if that Panther is the product of a bored lunch break I can't imagine what you're capable of when serious.

BTW, is your request for the A-1 Skyraider/Hobo/Spad/Firefly/Old Faithful/Sandy/Zorro/Able Dog/Big Gun still outstanding?
                              I'm just curious as to why Fairline's sig is on the Skyraider unit?
                              Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• His Thunderbolt and Mustang are responsible.

Comment

Working...
                                X