GoW joins ND against GS...again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoW joins ND against GS...again

3 - A long time ago we vowed to ourselves to avenge Vox's defeat in their war against GS. See, Vox had that kinda something that neither Spain nor Lego had in defeat. It wasn't pity, it wasn't compasion, it was laughter. You made us laugh in your cockyness, you made us laugh is your tragedy. You became that team that we knew would never betray us, not even when the survival of your protector was at stake. You know what would have happened had Voxian troops attacked ours at Stanwix? We would have lost that war. We are eternaly grateful and pledge to return your homeland as soon as possible. Just forgive us though if the radiation at Elipolis makes it a bit uninhabitable for the next, oh, 500 years or so.
    This amuses me quite a bit considering the reason we didn't "help save Lego" was that Lego didn't want our help so they didn't have to protect us too.

In any case I suggest we continue to throw our weight covertly behind GoW. Outside of Lego, they've been the most honest team with us and they're by far our best ally now. We don't necessarily have to get into the war and jeopardize our relationship with GS, but we've played it officially neutral before and came out well.

just read it, seems exciting, also seems like we are safe on that front (at least from GoW)

now that doesn't get us a win, so we should still look for advantage (maybe if everyone else is nuked??)

so yah, loook for advantage, but don't give GoW reason to get upset at us....

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

But it is kind of nice to read. I think despite some early unpleasantness, we have come through this game with our honour (sort of), obviously our sense of humour, and our good gamesmanship in tact.

And I am still not ruling out a real outside shot at this thing. Eventually it will come down to two powerful civs left, and they will have to face off against each other .....
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
        But it is kind of nice to read. I think despite some early unpleasantness, we have come through this game with our honour (sort of), obviously our sense of humour, and our good gamesmanship in tact.

And I am still not ruling out a real outside shot at this thing. Eventually it will come down to two powerful civs left, and they will have to face off against each other .....
        Uh, actually probably not. From the thread I took the above post from, GoW and ND have agreed to win the game together or lose it together (as in if one of them gets the spaceship then they both win). Whether that is true or not remains to be seen, but I kind of believe it.

Comment

Also from MZ's statement...

The Glory of War and Neu Demogyptica pledge to win this game as allies. That means that both teams shall share the final victory if and when the Gathering Storm and Roleplay (and Lego) are defeated in war. Should either GoW or ND win by an alternative method (UN or Space Race for example) herein, victory shall still be claimed by both. Likewise, no separate peace shall be given by either of our two teams even if one or both of us are defeated. This alliance is called the Bilateral Inter-Bobian Treaty of Cointegrity and Help. Or B.I.T.C.H. for short.
          Not sure about this. Meaning not sure if I agree with it from a gaming perspective. Each team is suppose to try and win individually - not as a team. What happens in the next game - 3 teams make a hard-alliance from day one, wipe out the others, and then claim victory. Sorry - not civ, IMHO.

Then again - maybe this game has run its course, and it needs some way to come to a conclusion.

Anyone want to ally with GS??

Also, it rules out any long-shot opportunity we may have, as per my comment in the post above.
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I would like to leave our options open. And go whichever way leads to the most chance for victory when we need to make a choice.

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
              I would like to leave our options open. And go whichever way leads to the most chance for victory when we need to make a choice.

Jon Miller
              Jon - but that is my point exactly. GoW and ND join up and defeat GS and then declare a joint victory. Not cricket as far as I am concerned. (btw - that is a British expression meaning not consistent with the rules. )

Comment

Hey guys a while since Ive visited.

We STILL need to tag along on the coat tails of GoW.

Anything can happen in this game as we have seen time and time again.

Just because GoW and ND are sleeping together right now doesn't mean they wont get tired of the same old sex after a while.

And if they want to declare a joint victory and they are the top two CIV's then well we can argue as much as we want but the big kids on the block usually get there way any how.

Lets see how this develops
                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Anymore news on where this is going? Thanks
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

The alliance is destroying GS at the moment. We're 3rd overall in productivity.

Comment

WooHoo!!!
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

If anyone cares, I asked MZ how the war was going...

GS is reduced to their south-east cities. I'll send you a WM this turn so you can see the extent of the devastation, and our main stack is just 3 tiles from Eye of the Storm. We strongly suspect that Stormia might even be free of GS troops, that they've embarked them heading god-knows-where, perhaps Legoland, perhaps planning a landing in northern Stormia. We had a small carrier fleet attacked this turn off Inchon (fortunately no losses, just damage). That means GS has some naval forces (including a carrier) in that area. Perhaps with transports too.

Thanks for the irrigations, they will help a lot.

-MZ

Comment

hmm, so this is almost over..

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Pretty much yeah. Once GS is destroyed then GoW and ND will claim mutual victory...at least that was how they presented it a while back.

Comment

hopefully they will break up, we will ally with GoW, and come in second :b

Jon Miller
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                              X