Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamestop buys EB

Er, well Im worried.

1. I fear that they will consolidate reduce the total number of stores, and the total available shelf space - this will not be good, especially for smaller titles/publishers

2. EB, at least around here, generally has more PC games than Gamestop, which is almost all console titles. Also EB usually has extensive section of used PC games, and bargain bin titles, which Gamestop doesnt have (well at least not for PC - i dont look that closely at the console stuff). I hope they either keep EB seperate, or adopt some EB policies, but i fear they will not.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

I'd think Gamestop will keep both open , as you say in #2 - but I agree that this is a bit of a concern
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Looks like it's Amazon for me from here on out!
      I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

I usually buy from Amazon anyway.

Comment

My last purchase was from eBay.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Gamestop's sales people are a trifle annoying (at least where I live). I recently purchased Civ 3 conquests, and I had to sit through the whole song and dance about how I really should reserve Civ 4 and throw in Age of Mythology too. They are perpetually trying to sell me crap I don't want.

EB is a well known brand name, I like EB's more than Gamestops for the most part. Maybe EB's will not fade into the fog of ihstory.
            "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Pythagoras
              Gamestop's sales people are a trifle annoying (at least where I live). I recently purchased Civ 3 conquests, and I had to sit through the whole song and dance about how I really should reserve Civ 4 and throw in Age of Mythology too.
              Did you give him the ""?
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Pythagoras
                Gamestop's sales people are a trifle annoying (at least where I live). I recently purchased Civ 3 conquests, and I had to sit through the whole song and dance about how I really should reserve Civ 4
                Fair point I'd say.

Comment

If you like high-risk investments, perhaps.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I didnt know gamestop had any PC titles. And EB has been carrying less and less PC titles. I haven't bought a game from them in years. I believe civ3: play the world expansion was the last game I bought from EB. And only there because it came out 1 day earlier than at Best Buy. Of course, I wish I waited- as that expansion sucked .

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                      If you like high-risk investments, perhaps.
                      Better a high risk investment with a good chance of a nice payoff than an investment with problems that will, for certain, never be fixed.

Comment

This is the fourth thread on this........

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Not here it isn't.

Comment

yeah, this is the most important since it offeres +1's.

Comment

Re: Gamestop buys EB

Originally posted by lord of the mark

2. EB, at least around here, generally has more PC games than Gamestop, which is almost all console titles. Also EB usually has extensive section of used PC games, and bargain bin titles, which Gamestop doesnt have (well at least not for PC - i dont look that closely at the console stuff). I hope they either keep EB seperate, or adopt some EB policies, but i fear they will not.
                              Oh my god EB might stop selling as many PC games which would only leave you with Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, KB, eBay, Amazon, CompUSA, Fry's, etc to buy from!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X