Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16 bit Windows Subset: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOECEC.NT error when I try to install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 bit Windows Subset: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOECEC.NT error when I try to install.

I’ve recently been trying to install one of my favourite games on my computer the Alpha Centauri Planetary Pack. I have a Pentium 4 running windows XP. I get an error message every time I try to install it:

“16 bit Windows Subset: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOECEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose ‘close’ to terminate application”

And then it shuts down. If anyone could help me get around this problem I would really appreciate it.

I guess you can change it to 8 bit...don't know how to do that though...might even be in the readme, but doubt that...

Comment

The problem is that the file "autoexec.nt" is missing from the designated location. You can probably find it in Windows/Repair or somewhere else on your hard drive.
      "Cutlery confused Stalin"
      -BBC news

Comment

Try a search on "autoexec" in this forum. Several others has encountered same problem with different solutions.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
        X