Are you a beach person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a beach person?

Do you like the beach? It can be either ocean, or lake. but beach person usually refers to ocean beaches.

I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like the beach. Here again is where I display my weirdness in not liking things every other person in american likes. What's so great about the beach?

And while I'm at it, I don't like the water either. I guess that explains why I joined the navy . What's so great about swimming and being in the water (unless you have hot naked chicks in there with you). Especially ocean water that is full of dead and living things that **** and piss in the water. And lakes that have had countless dead bodies dumped in them from mob killings. I prefer swimming pools, but some little kid will eventually take a dump in it.

And I don't consider myself a shutin who stays indoors all the time (just most of the time) I enjoy hiking and camping. I just prefer to be up in the mountains than on a beach.
    yes
    46.15%
    no
    48.72%
    I prefer being amongst banana trees
    5.13%

I love the water explains why i have been on the swim team i have for 15 years. The beach is just another body of water
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

I love the beach. I don't like sunbathing, but just standing looking out at its immensity. It restores a sense of perspective, and all my problems don't seem that bad anymore. I also like beach combing, and collecting shells. The topless girls don't hurt either.

Unfortunately I don't live near a beach.
      Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

I like relaxing on the beach but won't touch the water. Even better is when there are rocky cliffs around.

The surfers are always getting sick from it so I'd rathar not go in there.

Pools are nice for swimming in though.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

actually, I didn't mind swimming when I was a kid. Even though I didn't learn how to swim until I was like 8 or 9 years old. I had to beg my parents to take me to a class to learn how to swim. Even after that, I was never a strong swimmer (just barely passed the Navy swim test in boot camp).

I guess I moved away from that whole scene after I hit puberty. I guess I'm a little self concious of my body .

Comment

Come sleep on the beach
            Keep within my reach
            I just want to die with you near
            I'm feeling so high with you here.
            I'm wet and I'm cold
            But thank God I ain't old
            I should have split home at fifteen
            Why didn't I ever say what I mean?
            There's a story that the grass is so green,
            What did I see?
            Where have I been?

Nothing is planned, by the sea and the sand

[Quadrophenia ]
            To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

I love to swim tubes hates to watch me says i make it look to easy.been on a swim team for ever
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Yeah, I love the beach. But It's more of a water thing, really. I'd like pool even more, if it had more waves.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Beach =
                  sand in painful places for days afterwards
                  fat, pale ugly people not wearing enough
                  60 yr old women going topless
                  salty air stinging your skin
                  water containing god knows what, but certainly plenty of human and animal waste, some floating fridges etcetcetc

No, I'm not a beach person/
                  Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

Depends on the beach.

I like Wreck Beach in Vancouver and Ninety Mile Beach in Victoria.

Didn't much like Bondi Beach.

I prefer beaches where there are rolling sand dunes nearby, and bushes and trees for shade, and where sand predominates, and maybe there are rockpools and perhaps a fresh seafood restaurant....
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I love the beach, I just don't have the time for it.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                        I love the beach, I just don't have the time for it.

That must be a beach for you.
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I love beach, I can showcase my bulge there and basically create my zone.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I live 2.5 miles from the beach by road. How do you think I feel about the beach? Bunnygrrl and I might go to the beach today. There's been a lotta sharks in the water this last week, so we'll see.

BTW, you can't see it in this image, but just south of the jetty, when the image is fully blown up, you can see a shark.
                            Attached Files
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I prefer a very rocky oceanfront because of the privacy. I don't swim in the ocean much. Jumping in the ocean is the same as jumping off the top of the food chain. I respect the right of others to do so, but then don't come complaining to me if you get eaten. Also, I'm getting a bit tired of the shark attack victims who go on TV saying how it wasn't the sharks fault etc... Shark bites me and it's war.
                              Long time member @ Apolyton
                              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                              X