Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• server maintenance

Hi all

Im really pleased to see that you have adopted subversion so fast, keep it going

Sometime in the next few days im going to bring the server down for a hard drive upgrade and a change of operating system.
    The harddrive capacity will increase from 10GB to 300GB, of course in a raid configuration
    The new operating system will be Windows 2003 STD (I know, but I have to sell what the customers want to buy).

The subversion server will be online again as soon as possible. Im thinking it will only take a few hours, but I expect that im too optimistic as usual.

If anyone can provide me with a proper commandline for dumping and reestablishing the repository I will be gratefull as I will have one thing less to worry about.

-klaus

Re: server maintenance

Originally posted by kaan
    If anyone can provide me with a proper commandline for dumping and reestablishing the repository I will be gratefull as I will have one thing less to worry about.
    Well, that's subversion docs, chapter 5. In short, you want:

$ svnadmin dump myrepos > dumpfile

to dump, and then:

$ svnadmin create newrepos
    $ svnadmin load newrepos < dumpfile

to reestablish. The commands should be the same in both OSes.

There are ways to split the dump up into smaller bits in a sensible way if you want - see the docs for more details.

Comment

I already made a backup

the server is down now and im going to a meeting this evening so maybe in the morning the server will be operational again.

Comment

So Klaus, when will the server be online again?

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
          So Klaus, when will the server be online again?

-Martin
          well, i have been through the process for some time now and it involves both a brand new server and a sad tale concerning my bankaccount.

Status right now is that i have a new server running Win2003 and nothing else.

next step is to establist a svndaemon on the server and upload the backup.

im thinking sometime tonight it will be operational.

-klaus

Comment

so we didn't lose any changes right?
            Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Originally posted by E
              so we didn't lose any changes right?
              nope.

well not yet anyway

Comment

it seems to be in perfect working order now, can someone please verify that?

Comment

I get no connection ("the connected party failed to respond"). I can't ping kaan.dk or ctp2.kaan.dk either.

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
                    I get no connection ("the connected party failed to respond"). I can't ping kaan.dk or ctp2.kaan.dk either.
                    Same here. TortioseSVN says: Can't connect to host 'ctp2.kaan.dk': Connection timed out

At least the ping recordnize that the server does exist.

-Martin

Comment

It worked for a short time when I put r321 up (about 7:45 GMT 9th) but after that it stopped working with the same errors as above.
                      Caution! Under no circumstances confuse the mesh with the interleave operator, except under confusing circumstances!
                      -Intercal reference manual

People often remark of me, "You say sorry far to much!". To which my common-sense reply is "I apologise".

Comment

Thats strange, ill look into it right away.

Comment

It should work now, I still dont know why the process terminated but im looking into it.

-klaus

Comment

Well it was working but now I can't connect again, TortoiseSVN gives me the following error message:

Can't connect to host 'ctp2.kaan.dk': Connection timed out

And I can't ping ctp2.kaan.dk either.

-Martin

Comment

And again I can't ping neither kaan.dk nor ctp2.kaan.dk.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                              X