Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB: Opening Day!

Are you ready for some baseball?!

Yeah, the Yanks and Red Sox played last night, but Opening Day is during the hours when the sun is out. I'm having a great time watching the games.

Mets - Reds is interesting so far. Pedro gave up a 3 run HR in the 1st inning, but SINCE has struck out 10 out of 11 batters. WOW! Beltran has a HR and a 2B and is looking like he's worth the cash.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Make that 12 Strike Outs in 5 innings so far!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

im glad i picked him up - hes gonna have a phenomal 1st half of the season.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

What a great day for baseball. 65 degrees and sunny here in Washington.

Washington now has a team! Opening at the Phillies. Down 3-1 in the 4th.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

losing too, and jose isnt hitting.
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
            What a great day for baseball. 65 degrees and sunny here in Washington.

Washington now has a team! Opening at the Phillies. Down 3-1 in the 4th.
            I hear they have a long road trip to start the season. I guess it is to get the stadium ready? Hell, they'll fell like they are playing for Montreal again .

Comment

Washington ain't no Montreal!

They'll come back just in time for the cherry blossoms.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Yeah, I guess Montreal supported their team better

Comment

What is the consensus view on the Chicago teams this year?
                  http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                    What is the consensus view on the Chicago teams this year?
                    The White Sox could contend in a weak division, but are more likely to finish third with Minny running away with it. The Sox have improved their pitching, but gone from a home run oriented team to a faster team. Only time will tell if these changes will be enough.

The Cubs season will depend on the health of their pitching... and so far, it's looking grim. Two of their top three starters are injured, and their poor excuse for a closer is out as well...
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Everyone gets hurt on one and the other one can't beat the Twins .

Comment

Main event starting now. Corey leads off the game with a hit.

Comment

Vazquez is looking as good as he did last year .

Comment

The Cubs actually manufacturing runs? What happened to the real Cubs?

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              Yeah, I guess Montreal supported their team better
                              The lower deck at RFK is almost sold out to season ticket-holders. I doubt that kind of support was given by the Canucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X