Stiff/Sore Neck Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stiff/Sore Neck Fix

My neck has been stiff/sore all day today. I can only turn it about halfway to the left before it stops turning (presumably out of pain). We dont have any icy hot or hot packs, what else helps get rid of a stiff/sore neck?

Also would it do any damage if I forced it further to the left? Im used to work out soreness where working the muscles when they're sore feels great, but Im not sure this is the same.

What causes a stiff/sore neck?

I know its not meningitis, no fever or puking or anything like that. Besides if it is Im screwed, the nearest ER worth a damn is in ANC. The joys of living on the ass end of the world.

Could use some help too with same thing, mine's been hurting for three days now.

I did start sitting (well, typing actually) slightly differently which causes me not to sit dead centre in front of my screen.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

a massage my help. Asian massage parlors are even better for relief.

Comment

Break your finger. That'll take your mind off the soreness in your neck.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Don't force your neck anywhere it doesn't want to go. Either get a friend to massage your neck or massage it yourself. You probably just have a strained muscle or something. Whenever that happens to me it gets better over the next couple of days.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

sometimes I get a stiff neck when I sleep on my stomach. It's not a good position to sleep in, but I do it often.

Comment

Whats wrong with sleeping on your stomach? I usually end up on my stomach before morning, if I dont fall asleep that way already.

Comment

Sleeping on your stomach forces your head to one side or the other. A prolonged period in such a position can cause undue strain, though not necessarily damage. It's rare that I end up on my stomach, and I definitely don't like it, but I still wake up with a stiff neck when I do.
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Decapitation...the only sure answer...
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                    Decapitation...the only sure answer...
                    Actually, no, because the head would still roll to one side or the other.

Head clamps
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Yeah, but then you have such a high risk for infection..
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Don't try forcing your neck unless you're a qualified osteopath, chiropracter or physical therapist. Try taking Ibuprofen to relieve the pain. Lie down in a tub of moderately hot water. Go pay someone to prescribe some really useful drugs.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Drugs

You really are a doctor arent you?

I already took a bath earlier today, didnt do a thing. They need to make the standard tub a foot deeper, a foot wider, and two feet longer. Also water heaters should hold more water.

Comment

I say heating pad if you have one works for me
                            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

What worked for me last time I got a sore&stiff neck was taking a shower, somewhat hotter than usual, and keeping my neck under the nozzle for several minutes, it seemed to help considerably.

Comment

Working...
                              X