No announcement yet.

Stiff/Sore Neck Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, increasing blood flow to the sore area seems to help.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

How'd you hurt your neck?
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Neck messages and heat packs sometimes work...or a really hot bath.

Once upon a time, Docfeelgood and I had a raging debate on the benefits of chiropractic (Doc = anti; me = pro). That's one thing to think about ... unless Doc is around, in which case, he'll yell at you.

Here's something my mom's chiropractor passed onto her to use as a "stop gap" measure. Lie on your back ... a carpetted floor works best. Have a friend place his/her fingers at the back of your head with his/her thumbs under your jawline. And then slowly and gently that person drags you across the carpet. This stretches out the vertebra in your neck and, with a bit of luck, things will slip back into place.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
          Go pay someone to prescribe some really useful drugs.
          Marijuana
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

As someone who has suffered with horrendous neck pain since a car accident 4 years ago (4 herniated disc) may I reccomend and ice pack. It will relieve the pain as well as the swelling which you don't think is there but it is. I swear by them. Also one of the only things to help migraines I"ve found besides vicodin.
            Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
            Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
            Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
            You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Let your sisters girlfriend be in charge of the thermostat
              The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

The only remedies I can think of is to lie down on your back for a while, gently massaging the area, and trying to keep it warm with sheets/clothing, that is, not exposing it to any drafts.

But I do know the feeling. I've had a sore neck and pain in the left shoulder area for 2 days now, ever since I went and saw Der Untergang in the cinema on Sunday. I must have been sitting more or less in the same position looking up for 2½ hours, I'm just not used to going to the movies. Anyway, it's been improving only slightly for two days, these things obviously take time.

I hope you feel better soon.

Comment

I recently had a bout with middle to upper back & neck pain and I discovered that if a laid down on my back and turned my head as far as it would go to the side opposite the pain, it helped alot and fast. But I suggest using a heating pad to first loosen up the neck muscles etc before stretching.Chiros do something similar when they stretch the lower back by placing their weight on your legs to one side of your body while pushing on the shoulders in the opposite direction.

You can stretch your neck by doing the same thing, turn your head away from the painful side and hold it for 20-30 seconds while using your shoulders to turn the other way just a bit to maintain tension. That'll stretch the muscles/tendons on the side causing the pain. Worked wonders on my back and neck pain... Did more than the chiro did for me...

Comment

Big bump on the ice.
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                      Neck messages and heat packs sometimes work...or a really hot bath.

Once upon a time, Docfeelgood and I had a raging debate on the benefits of chiropractic (Doc = anti; me = pro). That's one thing to think about ... unless Doc is around, in which case, he'll yell at you.

Here's something my mom's chiropractor passed onto her to use as a "stop gap" measure. Lie on your back ... a carpetted floor works best. Have a friend place his/her fingers at the back of your head with his/her thumbs under your jawline. And then slowly and gently that person drags you across the carpet. This stretches out the vertebra in your neck and, with a bit of luck, things will slip back into place.
                      If you get a good chiropractor then

but many of them are quacks and thieves. But not all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                        Drugs

You really are a doctor arent you?

I already took a bath earlier today, didnt do a thing. They need to make the standard tub a foot deeper, a foot wider, and two feet longer. Also water heaters should hold more water.
                        about water heaters.

Living in Alaska doesn't help . But when it's so cold, the water loses a lot of heat in route to the shower. The pipes may need more (or better insulation).

Comment

Working...
                        X