Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FG: NW ... 24 (Twenty Four)

The Rules

Each player starts with 3 cities, and may perform 1 order each turn. Orders should be sent to the GM through:

PM

(When orders have been sent, please post a "sent" msg in the thread, to make sure the GM has received the order).

If you don’t send any orders for a turn, you won't be auto-set to do something (The GM won't deflect for you, the GM won't do anything for you... ), and since the GM posts a msg from time to time in the forum about who still needs to send orders, people can see who’s open for nuking, so be sure to send them. You can send the GM a default order, if you wish, but I recommend that you send a queue.

If you don’t send your orders, there will be consequences, unless you can come up with a good reason BEFORE you’re missing your orders (i.e. if you’re going on vacation tell us BEFORE you leave, not when you get home)

code:
    # of turns missed: Consequences:
    1: nothing
    2: You’ll lose one city this round
    3: You’ll lose two cities this round
    4: ---------you get Wasted--------

Each turn takes about 24 hours; weekends, holidays, etc. may result in longer turns. (Turns tentatively ending at 5 PM CST (2300 GMT) each day, but this isn't set in stone.) If the GM has received all orders before time runs out, the turn has ended and he'll post the results early.

You will be able to change your orders up until one hour before the end of the turn.

Spy missions don't count as orders: e.g. you can sabotage an enemy and nuke him in the same turn. Each player starts with zero spies. You can send out multiple spies per turn if you have them.

Winning the Game

There is only one winner in nuclear war. Although sometimes MAD occurs which results in no winners. There are no allied victories allowed. Alliances are allowed, but remember that they will need be disolved at some point.

Orders:

Launch Nukes:
    The player can launch two nukes. The nukes can be launched at different players or they can be launched to the same player, depending on preference.

Stockpile nukes: *
    When stockpiling nukes you can launch 2-4 nukes instead of 2 at a time. You can't stockpile stockpiled nukes, the max # of nukes is 4. You don't have to use the stockpiled nukes the following turn. If you've got stockpiled nukes and want to attack someone, but also keep the stockpiled nukes, you may.

Deflect: *
    When deflecting nukes to a certain player, every second nuke to arrive that turn will be deflected to another player (Which has to be included in the orders). The nukes which get deflected is: 1, 3, 5… while 2, 4, 6… will hit

Use Bunker: *
    Each player starts with one bunker. When used, ALL nukes fired at you are destroyed (Not deflected), and all spies sent against you are killed. After one use, the bunker is unavailable, unless rebuilt.

Build a Bunker: *
    Gives you another bunker to use (up to a max of 2).

Train a new spy: *
    Just like it sounds. (No-one starts with any spies) Up to a maximum of 3.

Build City:
    You get one extra city. (No more than 5 cities can be built, this is not IPS).

Sabotage (Spy):
    When using sabotage on another player, the other players orders will be cancelled. This kills the spy used. Sabotage does not work on energy shields; stockpiled nukes launches that are sabotaged lose the stockpile involved.

All orders marked with a * sign shall be referred to as "unknown projects" unless they specifically come into play that turn.

If you post a "sent" msg in the thread, but the GM doesn't recieve any orders, he'll auto-set you to whatever you want your 'default' orders to be - send them with your first orders (Of course he'll send you a msg that he didn't recieve your orders)

The only orders that can be combined are Sabotage with any other order. Stockpile cannot be combined with deflect, for instance.

Attached Files
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Hour One... 7:00am - 8:00am

7:00:35 ...

Jack Bauer walks into the room, and asks James Heller what the @#$% is going on.
    "What the @#$% is going on here??"
    "Jack, we need you again. It seems that nuclear war is near breaking out, and only you can stop it. Thirteen nations are heavily armed and dangerous, and they seem intent on rehashing past differences, with some serious firepower. They each have two nuclear warheads ready right now, and some might have an even larger base of firepower than that. Combine that with espionage capabilities and even nuclear warhead deflection to third parties, and you have an imminent disaster."
    "What the #$%^ am I supposed to do with that? Jim, look, I know we go way back, and I always come to pull your $%^& out of the fire and all, but this time ... it's too much. There's no way I can stop thirteen nuclear powers from destroying each other and the world ..."
    "Jack, I know you can do it. CTU's finest will be behind you on this one. Erin, Edgar, Sarah, Tony, the whole nine yards. Even Chloe came back for this one."
    "We need your help, Jack. The existence of the *world* is at stake here. You can't be on the fence in this one," urges Erin.
    "Alright, i'll give it my best shot. How about I head over to the town of ... hmm, 'Must', in Nuclearton, sounds nice and dangerous. Maybe I can convince that guy, 'Lord Nuclear', to back off ... his name does sound encouraging ..."
    "Jack, stop with the sarcasm. We have a crisis here, and you are our only hope. We need your full commitment to this mission," rebukes Erin.
    "Alright, sorry. Where to?"
    "You'll be going with Tony to the nation of Sparrowhawkland, to the city of Nile. Tony will be talking to their leader and trying to convince them to return to their peaceful ways, while you will be sabotaging their nuclear production facilities if and when that doesn't work. Edgar and Sarah will be supporting you 100%." Erin looks around the room, and smiles ... oddly.
    "And you, Erin?" queries Jack, a bit confused.
    "I'll be supporting you about 70%, right now," Erin says. "About 30% of me is hoping for nuclear holocaust, with me having little reason to live and all after the death of my daughter last season, er, yesterday."
    "And actually, Jack, I'm only about 84.43% on board," Sarah admits. "The rest of me is up in limbo, after that brutal torture that was visited on me yesterday. I know I made a pretty amazing recovery, but I'm still a bit ticked about it."
    "Yeah, and that whole Chloe thing yesterday," Edgar butts in, "I think I'm about ... 53.34% here."
    "Yeah, right, Edgar, you're just trying to fit in. You and I both know you're attracted to anything with two legs and a bust bigger than AA," says Sarah. "You're just doing the third grade 'I hate her, no really, she's not pretty... I hate her!' thing, because you're IN the third grade, mentally."
    "Hey, that's not fair. Er, no, wait, it probably is. Nevermind. But you should be on my side, I did save you from torture ..."
    "Yeah, and you couldn't have done it a bit faster, could you? No, had to wait until I was all nice and tortured, so I'd be properly grateful. Thanks."
    "Hey, I'm just not THAT good ... no, wait, you don't need to turn command over to her, I am that ... wait ... ack!" Edgar sits down in frustration, refusing to continue on the hole he was digging himself (To China, at this point).
    "Alright, well, along with about ... 78% of CTU, then, Jack and Tony, you are on your way."
    "Actually, it's about 74%, after me," says Tony. "I ... whatever, you can watch the show and figure it out. Er, I mean ask someone. For a recap. Er, for a ... whatever. Let's go."

And Jack takes off, to Sparrowhawkland, and the city of Nile, where hopefully Tony's message of peace will be utterly ignored, so that we can see Jack do his thing. Because it would be boring if they just declared peace. Really.

Comment

Code:
      [b]Players[/b][b]Cities[/b]
      1. Sparrowhawk: Nile, Amazon, Yangtze
      2. Kassiopeia: Celsius, Fahrenheit, Kelvin
      3. Spaced Cowboy: U, R, PWND!!1!
      4. Jaguar: Pirate!, Pirate!!, Pirate!!!
      5. Jonny: Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville
      6. Skanky Burns: Cup, Bowl, Plate
      7. Lord Nuclear: Jamski, Must, Die
      8. MORON: base2, base5, base1
      9. Hercules: (City1) (City2) (City3)
      10. Atragon: Pain, Torment, Agony
      11. Ljube: Vigo, Granada, Badajoz
      12. Kuciwalker: wubble, ZOMFG, w00t
      13. VJ: Ready, Aim, Fire
      Orders are due ... in 48 hours, since it's easter weekend for many of the variants of Chrisitanity, and I'll have a mafia story to do first.

Oh, and Herc please send in some city names. I'll accept new entries for 24 more hours (but not all 48, as that would give you a free round )

Play on!

Oh, and if there's a huge outcry i'll add the borders and whatnot, but I'm of the no-table-borders-when-possible school of html writing
      Last edited by snoopy369; March 27, 2005, 12:46.

Comment

Orders sent...

Comment

sented

Comment

Sent!

/me
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Ash Wednesday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday
              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Sentated.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

5/13

Herc, those city names are rather long You're going to get a smaller font next time around, my apologies

Comment

Satiated. Sentiated. Senteded.

Comment

sent
                      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

7/13 ... absolute deadline will be tomorrow afternoon cst (24 hours from now, roughly).

Comment

Sent

Comment

Herc, check your PMs, you sent me two different orders

Still waiting for VJ, Ljube, MORON, Skanky Burns

Comment

Sent. *cough*
                              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                              X