AU 602: Team Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll set up the first games tonight.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

editted in info on partner and gamesite preference. We'll be chatting tonight and choosing civs.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Togas and I will most likely be teaming up. I don't know what his preferences are, but I am up for anything, as long as I know about it up front.
        If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

One thing I was thinking - will teammates be playing one after the other? I would hope so. That way, once they have in game contact, they can trade off who playes the game so that if one is on vacation or something, the game isn't held up. This also gives a glimps of what each player is thinking... etc.

I can see positives and negatives. Let me know what you think.
          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

No, but you are on the right track. Each culture team will alternate (i.e., Europe, Middle East, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Asia)... but I suggest that partners share their passwords, and even perhaps that the save get sent to *both* partners, so that they can really get into each other's game (and cover playing for the other if need be).
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

This is rather disappointing. Only 16 people wanting to play?

Comment

We can get going with two games, and shortly a third. I (we?) will continue to proselytize.

Comment

Editted in Civ choice.

MZO could have a complete game if Team Kloreep and Team Inverse fight over who gets Europe or Team GK/Togas make a final decision whether they are indeed a team and their civs.
                  One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I'll play, but I don't have a partner in mind. In keeping with the theme, I'd be happy to partner with a less experienced PBEM player.

For the record:
                    1. Alliance games rock
                    2. Partner - see above
                    3. I'm most comfortable at Emperor. I can generally win at DemiGod under reasonable conditions, but it's hard work. Having said that, I haven't played an SP game beyond the first 40 turns for quite some time. I prefer to play PBEM on Emperor, but for this game it depends on the comfort level of my partner.
                    4. Warbuilding Micromanaging Roleplayer
                    5. Depends on my partner, but I'll take the weaker of the combo we're allotted.
                    6. Are there other universes outside of Apolyton?
                    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Looks interesting. I'll play.

1. Alliance
                      2. No preference, put me where you need a slot filled.
                      3. Monarch/occasionally Emperor
                      4. Banana, of course
                      5. Vikes, if possible, but I'll play any of them
                      6. Pffft.
                      Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

If the roster is still open I would be glad to throw my hat into the ring!

1) Alliances
                        2) No matter.
                        3) Regent and below
                        4) Total Warbuilder!
                        5) Any sci/indust/relig civ
                        6) Totally loyal to Apolyton

Comment

I will be partnering with theDragon. Will set up first games later today or this evening... still waiting on SR for the initial save.

Comment

I'm especially interested in the coordination approach, and in teamwork with a more experienced player. Dom's desire for full-scale competition is great, but not what I have in mind this time.

1. Whether you want to be in an alliance or FFA game.

Alliance.

2. If alliance, who you have or would like as a partner. If possible, teams should include a mix of experience levels.

None specific, but "I am but an egg" and wish to learn.

3. What level do you typically play at in SP?

Monarch, but I should be playing at least Emperor.

4. Pick one word: Builder, Warmonger, Warbuilder, Micromanager, Diplomat, Roleplayer, Evil Genius (OK, that’s two words), Banana

Micromanager. I consider myself a builder, but in Civ3 my former neighbors might disagree (if they were alive to do so).

5. What civ(s) you’d like to play.

Arabia, China [now playing India in a belated AU504]

6. If you are not primarily an Apolyton poster, what site is your home?

This has been home since Civ2.
                            "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

Originally posted by ormuzd
                              I'd like to join too. Previous game I have played with AU mod died although I was developing very good and I had a good chance to win.

Back on the topic
                              1. I prefer Alliance
                              2. No idea for a specific person
                              3. SP - stuck on Emperor, no success at Deity and I have not tried the two new difficulties yet
                              4. Micromanager
                              5. China or Persia, least desirable - Scandinavia and Arabia
                              6. Apolyton only
                              Did you mean that you do or do not like China and Persia?

Comment

Just advertised this in the Spanish Forum here on Poly (thanks T for the tip )

I definitely want to participate, I'll be looking to see how things develop (perhaps on MZO perhaps with the Spanish gang or whatever comes up).

-MZ
                                A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Working...
                                X