No announcement yet.

AU 602: Team Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhhh... so that's where Lt. Killer M went.

READ THE FAQ.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Re: Signing up

Originally posted by Theseus
      Please post in this thread:

1. Whether you want to be in an alliance or FFA game.
      alliance

2. If alliance, who you have or would like as a partner. If possible, teams should include a mix of experience levels.
      Doesn't matter who I'm with, anyone need a partner?

edit: I have found a partner in bpayne1 on MZO. Says he lost his password for poly.

3. What level do you typically play at in SP?
      While I did beat Diety in PTW, I mostly play at Emperor and Demi in C3C. Mostly because I do not ENJOY microing in singleplayer. PBEMs are different though, ie, I put more time in knowing I'm only play one turn than when I'm attempting to knock off 50 turns in an hour...

4. Pick one word: Builder, Warmonger, Warbuilder, Micromanager, Diplomat, Roleplayer, Evil Genius (OK, that’s two words), Banana
      Roleplayer, definately. Though that role tends to be on the warmonger side more often than not.

5. What civ(s) you’d like to play.
      Edit edit: bpayne: Persia, UnO: Arabia

6. If you are not primarily an Apolyton poster, what site is your home?
      I'm not much of a poster anymore, but get by when I can. More due to RL issues and lack of Civ discussion these waning days, though.

MZO for non-civ stuff.

Edit: Teaming with other MZO teams will be easier on bpayne, and thus our team.
      Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; March 30, 2005, 00:16.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I'll try to find a partner so we can have a Civ3players Ladder team represented.

Will post back here when I find one.
        "Got the rock from Detroit, soul from Motown"
        - Kid Rock "American Badass"

Comment

FFA

2. If alliance, who you have or would like as a partner. If possible, teams should include a mix of experience levels.
          If alliances do happen, I would like a warmonger as a partner.

In the epic game - Demigod.

4. Pick one word: Builder, Warmonger, Warbuilder, Micromanager, Diplomat, Roleplayer, Evil Genius (OK, that�s two words), Banana
          Builder.

5. What civ(s) you�d like to play.
          Of the ones posted: France. Normally the Maya.
          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

1. Alliance
            2. Mo D
            3. Total newbie, haven't played SP for years
            4. Evil Genius(good game )
            5. From possible choises, I would go for India/China
            6. Civ3players("The Ladder")
            Admin - Civ3players - www.myleague.com/civ3players
            Director of Nation's cup - http://civ3players.proboards2.com/index.cgi?board=NATION
            World of Warcraft - Azjol Nerub realm

Comment

As expected, Firaxis respectfully declines. They are somewhat busy.

Keep'em coming in terms of sign-ups... I figure on waiting another day or so, and then putting together the first games.
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Yes... although as I still do not have the save from SR, we can change that if it is important. I had meant to ask you the reason for turning them off in the IC mod.
                Here's the discussion where I was convinced not to play with SGLs. With all due respect to the Bongolians, Getting an SGL and ivory from the RNG made one of the original Iron Civer games a forgone conclusion, even though the original player was booted for slow play and the other three players dogpiled the replacement.

Alexman suggested making Copurnicus's scientific to compensate them for the loss of SGLs, but for this game, I feel that Persia is overpowered enough (at least in an FFA game) to deal with the loss. Of course, if Sir Ralph has dealt with ivory somehow, it might not be that big of a deal anyway...
                Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

Hmm... not much of a discussion. I'm inclined to leave things as stock as possible. Ivory has been addressed in a different way.

Comment

I'm generally for SGL's on, but with only one scientific civ in here it might be better to turn it off. I guess i don't care either way.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I'm going to team up with BigDork. (My initial post in this thread has been edited accordingly.)

Comment

Ayronis and I are signing up for the first offered format, "3 teams of 2 civs".

Our preference of civ choice, according to the provided civs/culture groups, is European, Asian, Middle Eastern.

Please let us know by posting at MZO when this game is finally kicking off, and who we're in the game with. I'll try to check this thread every so often, but I haven't been a polytubbie in a while.
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Oh, to use your format:

Alliance.

Ayronis. He has agreed.

Emperor / Deity.

4. Pick one word: Builder, Warmonger, Warbuilder, Micromanager, Diplomat, Roleplayer, Evil Genius (OK, that’s two words), Banana
                          Warbuilder.

5. What civ(s) you’d like to play.
                          In order of preference: Europe, Asia, Middle Eastern.

Me: Scandanavia, India, Arabia
                          Ayronis: France China, Persia

6. If you are not primarily an Apolyton poster, what site is your home?
                          Used to be a big polytubbie, now more of a MZOer.

Once we have a fair number of participants lined up, Lord Nuclear and I will figure out how to set up the games, including balancing teams/players from different sites.
                          Personally, I'd like to be with other MZO teams, so I can bug them when they don't play the save, but whatever
                          Last edited by Inverse Icarus; March 29, 2005, 12:47.
                          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Hmm... not much of a discussion. I'm inclined to leave things as stock as possible. Ivory has been addressed in a different way.
                            It was intertwined with discussion elsewhere in the thread on the general idea of how what is fun in quick SP games (significant random events) can be a bit aggravating in a PBEM you sink months of your time into. Good to hear about ivory, though.
                            Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

Originally posted by Maxfin
                              1. Alliance
                              2. Mo D
                              3. Total newbie, haven't played SP for years
                              4. Evil Genius(good game )
                              5. From possible choises, I would go for India/China
                              6. Civ3players("The Ladder")
                              OK, so Max and I will represent the Ladder.

1) Alliance
                              2) Maxfin
                              3) Haven't played SP in a long time either, but when I do, it's emperor/demigod
                              4) Evil Genius as well
                              5) In order of preference: Asian, Middle Eastern, European
                              6) Civ3Players Ladder
                              "Got the rock from Detroit, soul from Motown"
                              - Kid Rock "American Badass"

Comment

my post updated with final civ choices, in order of preference.

Comment

Working...
                                X