No announcement yet.

Terrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually no, the AI doesn't build a settler until it sees on it's version of the world map an allowed city site. And more over it seems to consider it's own settlers in route. (Just not anybody elses)

The only times I see AI settlers wonder around are when I've set up a mobile road block between the empty land the AI knows about and it's settlers.

Originally posted by TechWins
    The foreseeable problem with that is will the AI have too many wandering settlers looking for land?

Thanks for listening...
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
      Actually no, the AI doesn't build a settler until it sees on it's version of the world map an allowed city site. And more over it seems to consider it's own settlers in route. (Just not anybody elses)

The only times I see AI settlers wonder around are when I've set up a mobile road block between the empty land the AI knows about and it's settlers.
      That's sort of what I was implying. The AI would build settlers with outlook of there being a few tundra-forest cities available to build on but soon the land would be taken up before the AI's settler is able to reach there. Probably too much of a hypothetical situation and not much of a problem that doesn't already exist to some degree.
      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
        Huh?
        Boy, I'm glad it wasn't just *me* who's confused.
        "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn

I've also seen settlers wander around when I settle the place they were headed for while they're deep in my territory. (The times I remember having this happen were on huge maps where my territory was relatively deep.) Instead of taking the shortest route back home, sometimes they move every which direction within my territory - which, in turn, pressures me to move my units around so whatever city they move next to won't be undefended. I've finally figured out that if I have the spare units, I can herd them back home.

Comment

Myself, I set up my road blocks at my broader, so they don't get deep inside my territory.

Originally posted by nbarclay

I've also seen settlers wander around when I settle the place they were headed for while they're deep in my territory. (The times I remember having this happen were on huge maps where my territory was relatively deep.) Instead of taking the shortest route back home, sometimes they move every which direction within my territory - which, in turn, pressures me to move my units around so whatever city they move next to won't be undefended. I've finally figured out that if I have the spare units, I can herd them back home.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
            X