No announcement yet.

A Project: Creating Cpt. Nemo's Red Front for CtP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as you're doing it in a scenario folder and not overwriting anything, it doesn't matter. The up-to-200 list was just a list to prevent (as far as possible) people making mods using the same number for different units, and getting weirded-up images.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Ah ok. I thought it was some kind of plan to number all the sprites there is available.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Still plodding along. Finally finished all the unit sprites, at least for testing, may improve some later if i feel like it.

Stolen an idea and added a progress report to the first post.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
          Ah ok. I thought it was some kind of plan to number all the sprites there is available.
          This might be a good plan eventually, but the more popular the AE becomes with its increased sprite limit, (hopefully) the more popular the scenario tree will become again, and then sprite overlap shouldn't be a problem again.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

MAq what did you use for infantry units? Cive PTW WW2 stuff? If so could ou post them? it saves me some converting I'm still doing from the cradle and CTC conversion (still doing them..)
            Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Mostly civ3 ww2 infantry units I found at civfanatics and the poly directory, I cant tell you the exact ones i used off the top of my head (which will be tricky when it comes to crediting them...), but I dont think theres many from PTW ww2 units, mostly custom ones made by people on the forums.

Plus i only used the attack animation, so theyre effectively always attack facing. Not a single frame for each action.

Comment

***BUMP***

The project is alive again thanks to the flat map fix by fromafar in the sourcecode, ive kept the original map and its been working perfectly so far.

City and road placement is complete, just now started placing tile imps and improving some graphics as i go.

Comment

*BUMP AGAIN*

All terrain imps and city buildings/wonders are done now the unit placement and the starting on the AI.

Comment

Updated the units zip in the directory with human and some toher units since it could be a while before i can get my save working again with the playtest.

Comment

Well after moving half way across the world, ive finally got some free time again to spend on this, but first i have a problem...

I cant load the latest map (not save) i had before, i think its because i dont have the files from before, advance.txt, units.txt etc, im literally trying to load the map onto the newest playtest with no other files.

I successfully loaded an older version map, that was saved before i altered any files, so im pretty sure the files are the problem. Unfortunately this map is WAY back, before i even laid down any land tiles, so i may aswell be starting again, which i dont want to do, yet anyway.

You can see whats stored in the map file by opening in notepad, the advances, units etc, and the map that works only has the default advances etc.

Does anyone know of a workaround i could do?

I could add all the advances, units etc again and try to load, but id like to try anything easier first?

Ive attached the crash.txt it generates anyway.
                      Attached Files

Comment

The post before the last reminded me i was having problems anyway, i cant remember exactly what, but it might be an idea to start things fresh anyway, at least a fresh game save, if not a map aswell.

Im thinking the goods might be the problem now, with the last maps i saved i have different goods, and this became a problem with maps saved with different goods, with unique sprites etc. Im sure i changed the advance.txt and unit.txt many times inbetween saves with no problems.

Comment

Don't think its goods, I think its your advances atleastt he crash says so. It might be because you set up the civs with some starting advances and now th game cant find those starting advances.

the units might not matter since I think its based on the number value. But the advances have to map by name I think.
                          Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

I was wondering what that advances was in crash.txt, sounds about right that it would cause a CTD.

Ill try setting up those advances again, see if that at least lets me in.

Comment

Well im pretty sure its not the advances, i put those all back in advance.txt and it still CTD.

It could be anything, i know it was crashing before i left it last time, that was some other conflict with the latest playtest at that time, or it couldve been some other problem with the design itself. It could just be too much for it to handle. Its a bit like a late game crash you might get, you dont know why exactly, but you know its got something to do with all the crap on the screen.

A reworking of the tech tree or a simplification of the whole thing might be a good idea anyway, aswell as a new map.

Unfortunately i cant do any serious map editing with the latest playtest yet though, because of this problem.

Comment

Luckily i found an older map with just a few rivers missing, it loaded fine, obviously without the cities i had before, but i intended to rework the tech tree, so this was necessary backward step anyway.

The annoying thing is, this map loads fine, but when i exit it generates a crash.txt, so something is going wrong on exit. Ive attached it, it should load fine with the latest playtest only.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X